xviii. Good Men, Bad Men

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER EIGHTEEN*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* the only light in the
darkness *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: January 14th, 2014
location: Providence, Classified

    ━━"I told you this would scar," gently, Clara worked on Ward's wounds; cleaning the blood from his face. The worst thing was the cracked ribs. She couldn't fix that, except with pain killers. He would have to deal with that pain until they healed, and fractured ribs are very painful. The rest of the team surrounded them, watching Clara work with worried glances.

    "Upside," piped up Skye, a grin on her face, "you'll look badass. Dangerous."

    "True," murmured Clara, and Ward rolled his eyes as she searched for her anti-biotic cream.  As she did, Fitz leaned closer, checking Ward's injuries himself.

    "He's gonna be fine, though, right?"

    Roy scoffed, shaking her head. She pushed Fitz out of her way, "He will if you back up and give me some room, goodness gracious." Fitz crossed his arms, leaning back against the Holotable beside Simmons and Trip, a little frustrated.

    "So what then?" pressed Coulson, trying to get Ward to finish his first-hand experience of the Fridge take-over.

    "By the time we got to the Fridge, it was too late," he pursed his lips and shook his head. "It was overrun. HYDRA everywhere. We couldn't stop them."

    "What were they after?" May frowned.

    "Everything," he said, holding his side. Clara pursed her lips, but just moved onto the other side of his face, cleaning the dry blood from his brow. "They took weapons, alien artefacts, anything they could grab."

    "I assume that means the prisoners are no longer prisoners?" Ward nodded at Coulson, and he closed his eyes with a sigh. At this, Skye tensed, and Roy met her gaze, knowing exactly what she was thinking:

    "So, Ian Quinn?" she muttered.

    Ward met her gaze. "I'm sorry. He's out. They all are."

    "And Garrett?" then asked Clara softly, and he winced at the alcohol wipe stinging his skin. "Did he get away?"

    "Couldn't stop them from taking the Fridge, but I wasn't gonna let Garrett walk, not after what he did."

    "Is he the one that did this to you?" Skye frowned. Ward met her gaze briefly, and nodded. Clara bit her tongue, stopping herself from saying some very nasty words for the Clairvoyant.