xvi. Goodbye, My Home

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER SIXTEEN*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* the beginning of the end *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: January 9th, 2014
location: the Hellicarrier, Classified

    ━━If not in the air, the Helicarrier was always positioned on water. Ocean spread out for miles on end, with no evidence of land at any horizon. Fitz-Roy-Simmons huddled together with Skye sitting in front of them by Roy's workstation, looking out through the lab doors and at the cargo-bay door that slowly lowered down. She wanted to go out there and explore the facility so bad; but this wasn't a visit, it was a pick-up. The team watched the return of Agents Victoria Hand, John Garret, Antione Triplett alongside a few newcomers. Roy winced in seeing Agent Sitwell (she hid away when she saw him, not exactly sure how'd he react in seeing the girl who had shot him unconscious back at the Hub). Following Sitwell, was Agent Blake, an older, high-clearance agent. All of them marched up the cargo-door ramp.

    Coulson walked up to meet them, and Fitz-Roy-Simmons and Skye shuffled around to see better (like children when their parents meet a teacher). In greeting, Agent Hand pursed her lips, "You realise, Agent Coulson, they have these things called teleconferences, now."

    An important conference was called after the sighting of Mike Peterson in the S.H.I.E.L.D. issued safe-house in Sydney, Australia. There, he had openly attacked Garrett and Trip, in which he had escaped through the roof after being slowed down. This reappearance only meant one thing: The Clairvoyant was active again.

    Coulson smiled. "Nice to see you too, Agent Hand. Thank you all for coming on such short notice."

    Sitwell tilted his head, perching his glasses on the bridge of his nose. "Little unconventional meeting this way, isn't it?"

    Agent Blake quipped, "From the reports I've read, 'unconventional' seems to be Coulson's middle name these days."

    "Fight breaks out, let me take Blake," said Garrett pointedly; Agent Blake just arched a white brow. "Hey's coy, but scrappy."

    Coulson nodded while Blake scoffed at Garrett's joke. "I'll explain everything once we hit fifty-thousand feet. This way."

    He led them through the lab, and the group of young agents pretended to be doing work as they passed. Once they did, they all stopped and watching them, hoping to grasp any information they could.

    There was a small silence that followed. After those few seconds, Roy sighed and decided that maybe she should do some work. "Okay!" she clapped her hands together. "Skye, I'm going to need to take some more blood..."