li. Inevitable

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* space time *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: April 24th, 2016
location: Zephyr One, Classified

    ━━"I'm sorry, sir. Please calm down. I'm having a hard time understanding you."

    "There's someone coming here to kill me ... HYDRA."

    "Sir, we're sending two cars to your location━"

   "No! There's no time for that! I need Daisy Johnson!"

    "Who?"

    "Daisy Johnson!"

    Leith crossed his arms beside Clara, staring at the emergency dispatch on the monitor of the Zephyr. His sister pursed her lips, frowning━if not a bit startled━by the words the man was saying. They shared a glance, both of them confused. Lincoln stepped back from the monitor, turning to Coulson with a incredulous question of, "S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors emergency dispatch?"

    "Lincoln, I'm gonna be honest with you," Leith spoke up. "Are you even surprised?"

    "It's how we're first on the scene," said Clara, brows still furrowed. Looking to her left, she watched Daisy lean back against the work station, troubled.

    "Who was the caller?" she asked.

    "Man identified himself as Edwin Abbott," Coulson pulled up his information onto the side tab of the monitor behind them. Leith uncrossed his arms to set his hands on the work station, peering at the liscence photo of the man. "Owns a local grocery store in Dyker Heights. No affiliation with S.H.I.E.L.D. or any intelligence agency, for that matter. Just a guy."

    "You don't know him?" May said at the arch of Daisy's brow.

    She shook her head. "Never seen him, never heard of him."

    "Prepare the quinjet for disconnect," Coulson led the group of them down the stairs, passing an agent who replied with a, yes, sir.

    "He knew your name," Lincoln came into step beside Daisy, visibly worried.

    "And mentioned HYDRA," she sighed. "Can't be good."

    "May even be a trap," stated The Cavalry.

    "I'll say it again," Leith held a hand out towards her in his march with the group, "are we even surprised?"

    "We'll need ground tactical at the ready."