xli. Left Over Promises

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FORTY-ONE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* devils you know *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: December 7th, 2015
location: Shane and Lori Henson Crime Scene

     ━━"Who is he?"

    The question was on all of their minds. It had just been a recruitment mission, grabbing some of Alisha's Inhuman friends to have on their side. When she arrived, they were attacked by it, by the monster. The same monster who had attacked Lincoln at the hospital. He was there, and he killed them and Alisha's double. Leith winced━he tried not to show the bile he felt in his throat. He knew Shane and Lori, not well ... but he had known them. He, Daisy and Mack were immediately on the search for the monster, following the holes in the walls. With a hand on her loaded gun, Daisy led the way, following the trail to the industrial park. 

   Light from the torch on the barrel of Leith's gun flooded out in front of him as they descended the stairs. His ears were piqued for any sound of movement that wasn't theirs. This monster could appear out of nowhere and kill them. 

    Coulson's voice on comms startled them. He barely croaked through. Being down here, their locational distance, it must be affecting the communications. "Daisy, do you copy?"

   "You're cutting in and out, sir," replied Daisy. "We've trailed the killer to the industrial park a half a mile south of you. Backup would be nice."

    "On its way. Hold tight."

    "Copy that."

    "How did I let you talk me into this?" muttered Leith as they shuffled in the dark. "I was perfectly fine just being my annoying self in the lab having no idea what I was doing..." they walked up to a storage roller, and he checked to see whether they were locked or not, wondering whether this monster was hiding in one of them. "I could have started up a business, you know. Instead of walking in creepy, dark corridors for a monster that might burn my heart out."

    "We have to figure out how this thing is finding Inhumans," said Daisy, giving Leith a brief glance, "and why it's killing them."

    "I know why," said Mack, and the others sent him a brief glance.

    "You do?" frowned Leith. 

    "Instinct," they pressed their backs along the wall, listening for any sounds. Mack waited a second, before spinning around, his gun pointed. Clear, and so Leith and Daisy followed. "It's like a great white shark, built to eat, sleep━"