xxxix. Across The Universe

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* purpose of the machine *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: November 28th, 2015
location: The Playground, Classified

    ━━"Hey, Mack, I have an idea," Leith pointed his coffee cup in the big guy's direction, a mischievous upon his face (you know, like always). "You, me, drinks, this Saturday."

    From across the kitchen, Daisy let out a gasp of feigned hurt, "Leith! No! I thought I was your date for Saturday."

    Leith weighed them up with a shrug of his shoulders while Mack shook his head, scoffing (he was too old to deal with this shit). "Yeah, but, like, have you seen Mack's arms━" he hit them in passing to prove his point, "━they're just so firm."

    Mack gave him a blank stare, "You annoy me, you know that right?"

    Leith's grin only grew. He and Mack are friends, he swears. Just, you know, they argue and clash personalities. Mack's a serious kind of guy, Leith is a I-hide-my-trauma-by-making-myself-look-stupid kind of guy. "Enemies to loves," he mused. "I knew you were the one, Alphie."

    "Oh, no," Mack pointed a finger at him. "You do not call me that, all right?"

    "Oh, sure, Alphenzo Mackenzie━agh!" Leith ducked out of the way before Mack could hit him over the head with his big and handsome arms.

    "Yeah, well," Daisy grabbed her coffee and joined the two idiots at the briefing table. "On a serious note, I think Joey's a real candidate."

    Mack scoffed and sat down, "Sure, he's an Inhuman." Leith eagerly took the seat right next to him, sitting very close. Mack gave him a blank stare, but decided to return to the conversation at hand. "But ... Doesn't meet my criteria."

    "He's a decent guy," Daisy sat opposite them, "and you know it. I'm sure Clara will say the same. Getting that unit up and running is priority."

    "Yeah, but it doesn't mean it has to be a rush job, Crazy-Daisy," Leith said, and Mack stared at him, surprised. "What?" Leith took a sip of his coffee. "I can be serious."

    Mack sighed, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but yes, Leith is right. Look," he placed his hands out on the table, gesturing to Daisy, "Doctor Garner will make his recommendation."

    "And it will be the same as always!" Daisy sighed, exasperated. "Three months observation and counselling before reassessment. He's as much as a buzzkill as you are."