lvi. Welcome Home

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* emancipation *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: June 25th, 2016
location: the Playground, Classified

     ━━She had a lot of time to herself. 

     At this point, Clara didn't know whether she preferred it or not, lying here on the same bed, staring up at the same ceiling and reliving every moment. Every single moment. Everything she had done. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw the look on Fitz's face when she may as well strangled him, heard the snap of Anon's neck when she killed her, and the pale look on her mothers face as she died right in front of her. 

     Clara wanted to turn onto her side, but she couldn't find the motivation to. She stayed there, staring up at the white honey-combed roof and just letting the memories hit her. Again and again, feeling the pain, and the guilt and shame and anger ... because she deserved it. 

     She thought that if her mother died, she wouldn't feel anything. But that, of course, was a lie. For years ... she searched for her mother, searched for the love, the tender touch, and when she found it, her mother wasn't who she hoped she'd be. But she was alive, and she did love her, in her own way. And it was that love for her children that got her killed. Clara's search was over, but it also felt unfinished. It felt like it ended too soon, and slipped through from her fingers like sand. 

     No one had come to visit her. Clara figured they didn't have the time, or didn't want to. She didn't blame them; who would want to visit her after everything she had done? All the pain and suffering she had caused. Clara wondered whether she was going to stay here forever. She probably should. She couldn't hurt anyone from in here. 

      In the end, she managed to pull herself to sit up. The bed-sheets crumpled under her fingers, white, like everything else. Her bare feet slipped along and settled on the tiles, cool at the touch, but she didn't feel it. She felt numb; all over, from her head to her fingertips. She felt like this when her father died, but it was different. She didn't just lose one person who meant the world to her, she lost her entire world. Her entire family. 

      Leaning forward, Clara put her head in her hands and tried not to cry. She wondered whether Leith was crying like her for their mother. He had known her longer, and if it weren't for her, he would be the one with the weapon struck through his stomach. 

      Sitting away from the door to the module, Roy didn't see a hesitant Simmons shuffle by the windows. She watched the hunch of her best friend's back, the tremble of her arms. Not from crying, but just from the effort of living. She tried to say something, but a sob caught in her throat. Simmons had so much she wanted to say, but it hurt her to see her best friend; her sister in such pain.