xxxii. Fitz-Roy-Simmons II

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* afterlife *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: April 20th, 2015
location: The Playground, Classified

━━"How did you do it?"

Clara shrugged at Leith, perhaps just as confused as he was. "I don't know!" she admitted, but she was grinning. For the first timein a long while━she had a smile on her face. "I just concentrated on a type of pain I was familiar with, and that I could handle, and it became that! And then I could just━when I slept━dispel it little at a time. Isn't it great?"

Leith frowned, "It's surprising," he answered, and she arched a brow, not sure whether to be offended or flattered. "Most of us need to go through the whole transition process with a transitioner. Then, we get a guide. My guide was ... well, was Mum before I knew she was a ... terrible person."

Clara pursed her lips. Dearest Clarissa, whispered the letter in her ears as if it had a voice. A gentle, singing voice that lulled her, relaxing her but also giving her chills that made her alert at the same time because it was relaxing her. "What ... what is she like? Mum?"

Leith's brows rose, taken-aback. This was the first time Clara had even asked the dreaded question. She had been wanting to ask it for a very long time, but she didn't have the courage. "Uh ... well, her name's Launa, and ... I always thought she was wise, and kind. A bit angry sometimes, and intimidating, but ... but I never thought her capable of what she did to Dad."

Roy listened, her breath bated and her heart thumping. Launa ... her real name was Launa... Launa, Launa, Launa, Launa...

"Um..." went on Leith, thinking about it. "She has a good singing voice━and she always smells of vanilla. It's 'cause of the candles she kept in her room at Afterlife. She never cut her hair━like ever. And it's so long. Strawberry blonde, falling down to the floor and framing her face like rose petals ..."

    Like rose petals ...

She didn't sound like a murderer. But then again, everything wasn't what it seemed these days ...

"What does she sound like?" It was an odd question, but Clara yearned for the answer. "When she talks? When she laughs? When she sings?"

Leith met her gaze, and said, "Like an angel."

"Like an angel..." she echoed, if not a bit bitter. "But she killed Dad..."

    Leith sighed, and rubbed his eyes━tired himself. "Time to wake up, Clara. There's someone wanting to talk to you. The small, Scottish guy."