xxxiii. Playing With Fire

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* melinda *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: April 22nd, 2015
location: The Playground, Classified

    ━━Clara tried not to worry too much about Fitz. He would be fine━he is fine. He can handle himself. He has handled himself before. He was fine. He's fine. Fine, fine, fine. But Roy was still making sure that no one touched his desk or ruined his messy-but-organised set up (because goodness gracious if he came back to see it out of place...). It made her feel like she was still helping him. It was strange, but it made her feel better as if keeping his desk set-up safe she was keeping him safe. It was stupid, she knows, but it was keeping her busy and focused.

    Her eyes were fixed on the fake Toolbox. Fitz had the real one. She hadn't heard anything from Bobbi that they had found him, so he was still off their tracks━for now. She tapped her fingers against her desk nervously as she tried to finish her reports. She and Simmons had said that they couldn't get into it, that it was useless without Coulson's fingerprints or a miracle. She just hoped they would believe that for a little while longer until finding some drastic miracle that would blow their cover. By then, Clara hoped that Fitz had found Coulson, and they were on their way back.

    Simmons kept glancing over, and they'd catch each other's gazes━both of them just as worried as the other. Roy had wondered whether her brother could somehow keep an eye on Fitz, try and somehow keep him safe, but he had disappeared yet again. This time, he didn't come back after a sleep, or two sleeps, or five naps. That only just added to the worries on Clara's shoulders.

    When May returned, however, it was something right in a lot of wrongs. A weight lifted off her shoulder and her face broke out into a large grin in seeing The Cavalry walk into the lab. She had been stuck on Gonzalez's boat━the Illiad━having to deal with all of his board members. Yes, democracy is good! She just wondered, if they were a democracy, why was Gonzalez always the face and decider of their decisions?

    "Roy, Simmons," May nodded, and the two scientists stood up happily.

    Clara was so excited to see Agent May, that she rushed forward with a, "Oh, you're back! I'm so glad you're okay!" and hugged her. It took her seconds to realise what she had done before jumping, leaving May a little taken aback. "Oh, I'm so sorry, that ... I'm sorry ..."

    Simmons smiled at their friend. "Thank God, you're back. Everybody keeps leaving," she said. "They weren't too harsh on that awful ship?"

    May shook her head, "No, they were very fair. In fact, they gave me command of the base."

    "What does that mean?" frowned Roy.