l. Dearest Clarissa

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FIFTY*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* watchdogs *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: April 4th, 2016
location: The Playground, Classified

━━"Were there casualties?"

Coulson sighed at Clara's question, holding her bag over her shoulder with a rushed step in her march down the Playground corridors. Standing in the middle of him and Daisy, her heart was twisting and turning after what she had just watched on television. A live terrorist attack on the ATCU by the Watchdogs, a group of people who wanted nothing more than for people like Clara to be dead.

"The building had a staff," he told her, and she cursed under her breath, shoulders falling with her stomach. Daisy gritted her teeth, her anger growing. The relationship between her and Clara was much better now after their arguments ceased with Clara joining the field, but she wasn't sure how she felt about it. It felt very one-sided. "When you get to South Bend," went on Coulson, "rendexvous with Mack at the ATCU site. Report back what you got."

Passing the lab, Fitz joined them in their march, heaving his bag of technology over his shoulder. Clara glanced at him, and they shared a nervous look. She should be walking with him, but this was the right thing to do. At least, that's what she told herself to make her feel better.

"I've been following the Watchdogs online for a while now," Daisy said. "Some pretty nasty hate speech, but up until now, it's all been rhetoric."

"There's a bark-bite joke I could make here," said Coulson, but thought better, "but I don't find these guys all that funny."

"No, they've had a menacing presence ever since New York. Got even less funny after Sokovia."

"Not exactly embracing the new changes in the world," said Fitz, hands in the pockets of his pants.

"You can say that again," muttered Clara as they turned the corner.

"Yeah," Fitz scoffed in agreeance.

"Now they're not happy just being the comments section," sighed Coulson. He swiped his lanyard across the bay door, and it slid open.

"Something must of changed," Clara then said, fiddling with her rings nervously. "They're taking action now."

Coulson nodded. "We need to shut them down before more people get hurt." They passed through the tunnel and out into the hangar towards the Zephyr. Clara fluttered back so she could walk next to Fitz, feeling better to be around that familiar air. "We've got enough on our plate trying to track down Malick..." he grew distracted by a communications agent who held out a form for him to sign.