xxi. Psychically Linked II

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* beginning of the end *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: 17th January 2014
location: bottom of the Atlantic Ocean

    ━━"Make a wish!"

    Little fresh eight-year-old Clara Roy blew out the candles of her galaxy cake. Her father, Alexander Roy, cheered, clapping his hands opposite her on the small round table in their small house in the small town of Castle Comb, England. The cake was very sloppily madethe icing was dripping down the sides and the stars were very fat and four-sided from using sour worms. But her father had tried his best in making his daughters tenth birthday memorable, and by the bright grin on her face (brighter than any star in the universe) he knew that no matter what, he had succeeded.

   Clara laughed, clapping her own hands together and declared. "I wished that I can live on Vega in the constellation of Lyra!" Before her father could say anything, the young prodigy held her finger out and continued, "And yes, I know, that it's surface is really, really, really hot. So, I also wished to be immune to heat! That way, I can live there. And I wished that you'd come with me! We could see all the stars from there!"

    "Can you name all the stars on here for me?" her father pointed to the stars he had made on the cake. Clara nodded. Together, the father and daughter spoke each name of each star: "That one's Theta Serpentis ... that one's Sirius! And Capella and Andromeda ... and Vega!" When she got to her favourite star, she grinned, very happy with herself. "And when we get to Vega," she continued, "We'll create our own fish that we'll name Royphibious that can survive on land and in water and will be the colour of the rainbow."

    Her father chuckled, "That's not legal, puppet."

    "It's legal on Vega! Or ..." she thought about it. "Or it will be. And on Vega, we will live in a rainbow house and Mum will be there with us!"

    Clara Roy remembered the fall on her fathers face; even now. It had been the day little Clara Roy grew up and realised that her mother never loved her, ever. That she had left her all alone, and wanted nothing to do with her. That she had held given birth to her, held her in her arms, looked down at her face, at her eyes, see the child she had carried for nine months, and thought ... what curse to my life is this?

    She wondered whether that was went through Ward's mind when he dropped them down to the bottom of the ocean. He had looked into their eyes, seen the fear on their faces, heard their pleads for help, their screams ... after everything they've been through, and thought ... what curse to my life is this? Before pulling the lever.