xlv. Across the Universe II

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* closure *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: December 14th, 2015
location: the Playground, Classified

    ━━If Agent Roy already didn't have enough on her mind, the news about Ward killing Rosalind Price with Coulson in the room as revenge?━Yeah, that was definitely enough. Clara thought that once she and Fitz kissed, everything would be figured out. Everything would be okay. But that wasn't the truth. Fitz was determined to believe they were cursed, and Clara hasn't said anything about it because deep down she wondered ... what if they were?

    And now she definitely had no time to think about it. Whenever Roy thinks she finally has gotten Ward out of her life, he crawls back from the shadows to torment her, and who she cared about. Seeing Coulson walk into the Playground, covered head to toe in blood-stains, she felt her whole chest fall. Again, and again, and again ...

    Clara wanted to walk up to him. To hug him. Or to tell him how sorry she was, but Clara knew it wasn't the right time. And yet it hurts to see the numbed look upon Coulson's face. He had helped her so much after her father died; he had been there for him, and Roy wanted to do the same, she just wasn't sure how. Standing next to May in the commons room, all of them looked upstairs in hearing the crashing of chairs and tables ...

    No matter how many times ... Ward just kept stabbing them in the back, over and over and over.

   The Director didn't rest. Before anyone could ask what had truly happened, whether he was okay (well, obviously he wasn't), or what the game plan was, he had the interrogation room set up. One by one, those had been in the team from the start were questioned on their memory of Ward ... and Roy was anxious for her turn.

    What was her memory of Ward? Her memory of him was one of a bitter betrayal, a guilty-conscience of how she could fall for someone so terrible ... who had caused so much pain. Did Coulson blame her for this? Because Clara's mind was; without question. (You know, the usual).

    Sitting opposite from Coulson, Roy didn't know what to do, or say. He no longer wore the blood-coated clothes, but she could see the imaginary stains━she know what those stains were like. They stained you forever, changing you, taking away pieces that will never return the way they were before ever again.

    Clara took a deep breath━she had to be there for him, to help him ... he had been there for her, the entire time and now ... now he was in pain. Hestitantly, she reached out and took his hand that was on the table gently, like he had for her many times. "Coulson, I ... I don't know what to say ..."