xxiv. An Answer For More Questions

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* the writing on the wall *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: 16th March 2015
location: the Playground, Classified

    ━━Blasting through the top corridor of the Playground, vintage record sets bounced back and forth against the brick walls. Agent Clara Roy will say that that is how all sound works. Everything is made of vibrations and frequencies, bouncing together over and over for an infinite amount until it is so little that the human ear cannot hear it. But she didn't want to be hearing vintage records at five o'clock in the morning. Walking up into the Director's Office, she pursed her lips in seeing Coulson carve the same patterns on the wall opposite her. Circles and lines, all connected, and all leading to nowhere. She wasn't going to lie, she was incredibly worried. In her experience, carving symbols over and over is a sign of psychosis━it was a sign of Garrett's psychosis after he was injected with GH-325. But Skye, who also had it in her blood, was not. It was confusing as much as it was worrying. Clara didn't want the one person who dragged her back out of the dark after her father's death be unrecognisable and out of his mind. But perhaps that was why he told her, why she was here, to keep an eye on that side. To be a doctor. It was hard for her to be a doctor, though, and determine whether or not it was affecting him to the point of psychosis when she cares about him so much. If it weren't for Coulson, she doesn't know where she'd be, and she knows that she can't lose him━not now. Not after everything.

    When the blade snapped in his hands, Clara pursed her lips and decided to turn off the record. Picking up the handle, she placed it to the side, and the song stopped with an abrupt, bhppht.

    Hearing the falter, Coulson looked up from the cut on his finger. He saw Clara, tired and still in her pyjamas━or rather, an oversized jumper and trackies━turn to face him, her arms crossed. With her, was Skye, looking equally━if not more━exhausted. 

     Coulson sounded slightly breathless as if doing all this carving was a major workout. "How long have you two been standing there?"

    "Long enough ..." murmured Skye.

    He nodded, and set the broken knife down on his desk. Clara took a deep breath, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "May gave us specific instructions. You carve, Skye or I have to chaperone."

    "I didn't want to wake you."

    The girls shared a look, and giving one quite similar with each other to Coulson; eyebrows raised, gestures to the dishevelled appearances and dark circles under their eyes. "Do we look like we've been sleeping?" Skye muttered.