xxxv. Afterlife

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* scars *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: May 7th, 2015
location: The Playground, Classified

      ━━Sokovia had risen into the sky. Clara had watched it on the news, and now she watched the aftermath━the city had been destroyed, but most of the population had been saved and rescued by the Avengers while they defeated Ultron and his army of robots. Fitz-Roy-Simmons watched the television in the lab so they could keep an eye on Lincoln, as well as gain any news. 

    The response was both positive and negative. From the public and those in S.H.I.E.L.D. Some hated how Tony Stark was the cause of this, building an A.I. with Bruce Banner that turned out to be Ultron. Some hated the Avengers because of the amount of death that was also caused. Those in S.H.I.E.L.D., however, were, on the other hand, angry over Coulson's Theta Protocol. He had kept the construction of a helicarrier for Fury under wraps, and a lot of the team believed they had had the right to know. Clara didn't know what to think. She felt a little upset that Coulson didn't trust her with this, after everything they've been through, and put them through so much because of it, but at the same time, they worked in a spy agency ... 

    Roy's eyes travelled back to where Skye sat by Lincoln. She hadn't left his side, this entire time. Clara knew what that was like. She hadn't left Fitz's side all those nine days when he was in the coma. 

    She couldn't help but wonder ... this guy, Lincoln, was from Afterlife━the place Leith had told her about. Did he know him? Know where he was, why he wasn't woken up from his own coma? Did he know her mother? Was she there━had she'd been there this whole time?

    A hand rested on her shoulder. She glanced up and saw Fitz, a look upon his face that told her he knew exactly what she was thinking of. He squeezed her shoulder comfortingly. Roy doesn't know whether she did the right thing telling him or not ... but right now, it felt like a bit of weight had been lifted off her chest. Just a bit, because the information (albeit little) Ward had found nearly crushed her. 

    Roy took a deep breath, continuing to watch Lincoln with bated breath and a fluttery stomach. Would he know the truth? Would he know why she killed her father? Could she finally have all the answers?

    (Clara also didn't know whether she wanted that, truthfully. Was, in this case, ignorance bliss?).

    Fitz and Simmons followed Roy's gaze to Lincoln, "She's been in here every day," murmured Fitz. "Do you think she'll stay when he wakes up?"