t w e n t y - o n e

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

"baby, wake up!" billie demanded, peppering kisses on my face.

i furrowed my brows, turning to bury my head in the pillow. "why?"

"it's your birthday! you're twenty!" she exclaimed.

"oh god, don't remind me," i muttered, turning so that i could look up at her. "i'm fucking old."

she giggled, reaching to move my hair out of my face. "twenty isn't that old."

finneas, who happened to be walking by billie's room, butt in with "twenty isn't old at all, assholes."

i laughed loudly while billie replied "you're old as fuck, don't lie. imagine being twenty-three; couldn't be me."

"he's only three and a half years older than me, so are you saying that i'm old too?" i questioned her.

"i said you weren't that old."

"okay, you're rude as fuck for that—"

she leaned down to quickly place a kiss to my lips. "i'm just messing, bubba. twenty isn't old at all."

i glanced at the door, seeing that finneas had walked off. i reached for one of her hand's, interlacing our fingers.

"i sure fucking feel old," i sighed. "like... twenty years just feels like forever."

i looked up, looking into her eyes. "you know... i think i might just cry if our baby doesn't have your eyes."

she laughed softly. "you're already thinking of what our babies will look like?"

"hell yeah, the fuck? i've been thinking about it."

"okay, so you want them to have my eyes; what else?" she asked, looking at me attentively.

"they've got to have my hair. babies with curly hair are adorable."

"agreed. what else?"

"i just want them to look like you if we're being honest."

she smiled shyly. she gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "i'm excited for our future."

"me too, shorty."

<~~~~~>