t w e n t y - f o u r

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

i knocked on the door, letting out a yawn as i did. billie and i had stayed up almost all night on facetime last night, and i only got an hour or so of sleep before having to get up and go to my classes.

i'm not complaining though because getting to talk to her and make her smile all night was definitely worth it.

the door opened, revealing maggie. she smiled warmly. "hey, jessie."

"hi, momma," i grinned, bringing her into a hug. "how are you?"

"i'm good, honey, and you?"

"i'm great."

she welcomed me inside, and closed the door behind me. i switched the bouquet of flowers to my left hand so that i could grab a flower from it with my right hand. i held it out to her.

"this is for you." i told her.

"oh, thank you." she smiled, taking it from me.

"of course," i grinned. "what have you been up to?"

"me and patrick have just been packing for billie's tour. this one is almost two months long, so we're trying to make sure we pack enough." she sighed.

"right." i mumbled.

i, of course, already knew that billie was about to go back on tour, but it didn't make me any less upset. i mean, i've honestly felt spoiled during the past month and a half. having her constantly in my reach after not seeing her for almost three months felt like a privilege.

but she's really excited for the tour, and so i am. she's got a new set, and she loves it. she had asked me to help come up with ideas for it, and i gladly helped. it all came together nicely, which i got to see at one of the tour rehearsals.

we've also got it scheduled so that i can come onto the tour during my spring break, which neither of us can wait for.

hopefully there's no complications this time.

"well, billie's getting ready in her room. you two have fun on your date."

since billie is going back on tour the day before valentine's day, we're going on a little date and everything a couple of days before she leaves.

"thank you, we will."

i walked to billie's room, knocking a few times. "come in!"