f o r t y - n i n e

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

i smiled softly as i listened to billie sing. we were in some hotel in new york, and she and finny were working on 'all the good girls go to hell.' i had my head in her lap, and one of her hands was cupping my cheek, her thumb running across my cheekbone as she sang.

"all the good girls go to hell 'cause even god herself has enemies. and once the water starts to rise and heaven's outta sight, she'll want the devil on her team."

she moved her free hand up to scratch at her forehead. "sounds great." finny told her and i nodded in agreement.

"sounds pretty horrible." billie contradicted.

she picked her phone up, starting to scroll through it.

"i think it sounds kinda awesome." fin said.

"yeah, it's amazing, princess."

"it's pretty bad." she mumbled.

she placed her phone down, running her hands through my hair. "i hate that we have to have this album done by december. the day before my birthday. i hate that."

"we have to have it mastered the day before your birthday. we'll have it done weeks before that."

"no, we won't."

"yeah."

"no, we won't. we said we'd have it done before this tour." she narrowed her eyes.

i took one of her hands in mine, interlacing our fingers. i pressed a kiss to her hand, watching as she gave a slight smile.

"well, we have a deadline now, and we have an album release, so we'll have it done." finneas assured.

"don't stress it, shorty," i said softly. "you'll get it done."

"but," fin started. "we won't have it done if we don't do it, so that's why we're doing it."

"but it sounds bad!" bil argued. "and i sound horrible, and i can't sound good 'cause i'm not good."

"if you don't shut up—" my brows furrowed. "you sound good as hell."

"you're very good." fin agreed.

"no, i'm not."

"lots of people would agree with me that you're very good. right, jj?"

i nodded vigorously. "indeed. stop being so hard on yourself, loser."

she gave us a blank stare, not saying anything. i sighed as i turned, nuzzling my face into her stomach.

"listen... you're good. as fuck," i mumbled. "you've just gotta stop doubting yourself, alright?"

"everything i've said is true though."

"no, it's not. the reason we're in this hotel right now, recording this album and shit, is because you can sing good."

she let out a sigh, not saying anything else. she just continued to run her hand through my hair softly.

<~~~~~>

"dude, honestly, i can't believe people actually think you're pregnant." i laughed as i scrolled through instagram.

"all because i comment 'babymomma' on your posts sometimes," billie rolled her eyes. "people are so dumb, bro."

"indeed." i nodded, scratching behind shiloh's ears.

i clicked on her instagram story, a smirk coming to my face when i saw that she had posted a picture of me on there with 'papi's so fine' in the corner.

"rumors are so annoying." she muttered.

"right. y'know, i've seen a lot of fan accounts say that i'm 'clout chasing' and 'using you' and shit," i mumbled as i tossed my phone to the end of the couch. "you know that i'm not, right?"

"of course," she told me, coming to sit by me. "we literally knew each other for, like, eight or nine months before i even started posting my music. i'd be stupid to think that you were clout chasing."

"true." i sighed. i propped my face in my hand. "then there's some fan accounts saying that i don't deserve you."

"baby, you deserve the entire universe and more." she murmured, resting her head on my shoulder and bringing me into a hug.

i was silent for a moment. "some of your fans are mean as hell to me," i frowned. "i've deadass had to disable my message requests and limit my comments on instagram."

"for real?" she furrowed her brows as she sat up. i nodded. "what the fuck? nah, that's not okay. why didn't you tell me, bubba?"

i shrugged slightly. "i dunno..."

"you needa tell me this typa stuff," she requested softly. "so that i can put an end to it."

she let out an annoyed sigh as she laid her head in my lap. "i'm finna black screen their asses."

"as you should." i mumbled as i started combing my hand through her hair.

i watched as she went to instagram, then went to add to her story. she made a black screen, then typed out a few sentences telling the fans to be nice to the people in her life or she'll stop selling merch. as she motherfucking should.

she posted it, then threw her phone to the end of the couch with my phone. she grabbed my hand, pressing a kiss to it.

"i love you," she murmured. "you seriously deserve everything; the world, the universe, all of it. and i'm so, so, so proud of you."

my face softened as i looked down at her. "you're so fucking precious, oh my god. i love you, i love you, i love you." i mumbled as i leaned down to kiss her.

my brows scrunched up as shiloh sat up, licking me and billie in the face. "jesus christ, shiloh! seriously?!" i complained.

billie laughed loudly and i rolled my eyes before giving her another kiss.

<~~~~~>

a/n i'm updating again cause this chapter is short as fuck

this is ending on chapter 60 🥲

so eleven more chapters

predictions?

i don't want this to ever end but y'know it has to eventually 😔🤚

words:
950