t h i r t y - t w o

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

"but, peter, how do we get to neverland?" wendy asked.

"fly, of course." peter stated obviously.

"fly?!" wendy questioned incredulously.

i let out a small sigh as i looked at my laptop. i had turned on peter pan to in an attempt to calm myself, but so far, it wasn't working. usually i'd be saying the lines with the characters, being i knew every line of the movie, but i didn't have enough energy to do that right now.

it's been a week since billie said that we needed a break. i can't even begin to count how many times i've cried since then. today's the first day that i haven't gotten high since then, though the last joint that i have is looking pretty tempting right now.

i also haven't been attending any of my classes, so there's that as well. thankfully, it's now spring break, so i don't have to feel even worse about not attending class for another week.

being that it's spring break, aiden had flew back home to chicago. joslyn went home as well, though she only had to drive to san francisco. and then i don't even know what sophia is doing.

i don't give a fuck either.

before, i was upset that i couldn't hang out with sophia anymore. we were pretty close friends, so it sucked that we had to stop being friends. but now, i couldn't give a fuck. if it wasn't for her, billie wouldn't have found out that i've been smoking weed, and we wouldn't be on this stupid ass break.

i get that she was upset about her feelings not being mutual; she had every right to be upset. what she didn't have the right to do though, was tell billie about me smoking. she said that she was just "trying to help" but she did the exact opposite of help. i think she just wanted to ruin my relationship since i didn't want to be with her.

i let out a sigh as i thought about all of the things that billie had said.

"i said that when i was seventeen, jessie. it was a mistake. i didn't know that you'd become completely reliant on me."

that hurt. a lot.

"i trusted that you weren't doing anything dumb currently, which was obviously a mistake."

she doesn't trust me.

"it's just a break. and trust me, i don't want this anymore than you do."

if she doesn't want it, then why is she doing it?

"this break means that you can't contact me, alright?"