f o r t y - o n e

b i l l i e

i stirred slightly as i woke up. i blinked my eyes open, smiling softly when i saw jj sleeping soundly on my chest. her arms were wrapped around me, while shiloh had managed to bury herself under one of jessie's arms.

i pressed a soft kiss to her head as i gently ran my hand through her hair. i stayed like this for a while, until eventually, she stirred awake too.

"good morning, princess." she murmured sleepily, a rasp in her voice.

"good morning, bubba," i smiled. "how did you sleep?"

"the best i've slept in months," she yawned. "and you?"

"same. best sleep i've had since february."

i watched as a small smile spread across her face. she snuggled closer to me.

"i love you."

"i love you too, baby."

"i wanna make you breakfast," she told me, though didn't try to move. "but i'm going to stay right here for a little bit longer because you give really good cuddles, and i've missed you, and... yeah."

i laughed softly, kissing her forehead. "i've missed you too."

she let out a content sigh as i massaged her scalp gently. "how was tour, my love?"

i pursed my lips for a moment. "it was alright. the shows were fire, as always."

"i'm glad they were," she yawned again. "have you been keeping up with learning spanish?"

"mhm." i hummed.

"say something to me in spanish then." she requested softly.

i thought for a moment. "soy tan afortunada de tenerte en mi vida." i told her. (translation: i'm so lucky to have you in my life.)

"te amo tanto." she murmured, leaning up to press a kiss to my jaw. (translation: i love you so much.)

"yo también te quiero mucho." i pressed a few kisses to her head in, grinning. (translation: i love you so much too.)

we laid like that for a while longer until she got up, kissing my forehead before walking to the kitchen to make breakfast. while i waited, i pet shiloh, who was still sleeping soundly, and scrolled through instagram.

she came back about ten minutes later with two bowls of cereal, a sheepish look on her face. "uh, so i didn't realize, but i needa go shopping. so we're having cereal instead
of me cooking you something."

"that's fine, mama." i assured.

she handed me a bowl. "it's almond milk." she clarified.

i nodded, taking a bite out of it. i looked at her, as she sit crisscrossed on the bed. she was only wearing a t-shirt and a pair of long socks. i raised my brow.

"did you get more tattoos?" i asked.

she nodded. "yeah, i gotta couple of new ones. i'll show you when i finish eating."