t w e n t y - s e v e n

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

"matthew!" i exclaimed as i pulled him into a hug.

"what's up, jj?" he asked.

"nothing really. dude, i've missed you hella. you're always hanging out with daisy though, so i never get to hang out with you anymore."

"now you know how i felt whenever you first met billie. your ass was always hanging out with her."

"'cause i had a fat fucking crush on her."

"yeah, and it was obvious as hell too." he laughed.

"was it really?" i raised a brow.

"yes," he nodded, then looked me up and down as we made our way into his room. "so, what's up with the skirt?"

"i don't know. i kinda really like it though," my face flushed slightly as i sat down. "but i can't sit man-spread while wearing one though, which is ass. otherwise my fucking vagina will be on display, and i don't want that. that's for billie's eyes only." i smirked.

"eww, jj, what the fuck?" matt groaned. "that's not— i don't wanna hear that."

i laughed loudly, throwing my head back as i did. he flipped me off, shaking his head.

"so, how are you and daisy?" i asked after a moment.

"really good," he blushed. "she's so nice, and pretty, and just amazing. she's also really clingy, and it's adorable."

"i'm happy for you," i smiled. "but i swear to god i'll beat her ass if she breaks your heart."

he ran his hand through his fluffy hair. "thanks, jess. hopefully you won't have to though."

"yeah, i hope not. you don't deserve that shit."

he nodded in agreement, and i let out a small sigh. without really thinking about it, i took my sunglasses off to rub at my eyes.

"jesus christ," his eyes widened. "your eyes are bloodshot as fuck."

my own eyes widened, and i looked down at my lap, putting my sunglasses back on. "i-i'm just tired." i stuttered.

he let out a loud sigh. "you don't have to lie to me. i've known you since you were five; your eyes never get bloodshot."

"i'm sorry." i mumbled.