b o n u s - t w o

year: 2032 - valentine's day jackson: 6 years oldleo and iris: 3 years old

jackson: 6 years old
leo and iris: 3 years old

j e s s i e

"can i carry the food, momma?" jackson asked, a hopeful look on his face.

i looked over to the tray of food that i had spent the last hour making, thinking for a moment. "how about i carry it up the stairs, and you can carry it into mommy's room?" i compromised.

"okay." he nodded, giving a small smile. "uh... can you put it on the bed too? i'm not tall enough to."

"yeah, of course." i agreed.

"iris! leo! c'mere!" i whisper shouted, getting their attention from across the kitchen. "we're about to bring mommy her breakfast."

they grinned as they ran over, each holding a card that they had made for billie. jackson of course had made her one too.

i lead them up the stairs quietly, then gave jackson the tray of food before we entered the bedroom. i picked the twins up, carried them over to the bed, and carefully sat them on it.

billie was still sleeping soundly, her black hair sprawled across the pillow. she had decided to keep it black around the time she turned twenty-five.

the twins crawled over to her, each of them sitting on either side of her. they gently shook her awake.

"hey, babies," she murmured sleepily. "what are you doing?"

"we made you breakfast!" leo grinned.

"mhm!" jackson hummed. "happy valentine's day, mommy!"

"y'all are too cute," she smiled softly, pulling the twins into a hug. "thank you."

i walked over to jackson, taking the tray from him and sitting it on our beside table. i picked him up, sitting him on the bed as well.

billie looked over to me and i grinned. "happy valentine's day, princess."

"thank you, angel. happy valentine's day to you too."

they each gave her their cards. she read over them, her smile growing as she did.

she kissed the twins' and jackson's foreheads after she read them all. "i love y'all."

"we love you too, mommy!" they all smiled, all of them cuddling her.

i let them sit with her for a few more minutes before excusing them out of the room and letting them all go play in jackson's room.