xvi. distracted thoughts

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

HANJI TERRIFIED MARGOT

HANJI TERRIFIED MARGOT. They weren't mean, they were actually quite friendly. But it sharply contrasted Margot's calm personality and demeanour, and so she was a little overwhelmed. She watched as the scientist bustled around the room, all while talking about how they had read through all the books Mila had given them in one night in preparation for their training. Needless to say, Hanji was deeply fascinated by Margot's lineage and powers.

   "Who would've thought? A Titan shifter and a witch among us," Hanji rambled on, pulling up a chair next to Margot who was sat at the end of a long table. "I feel honoured your cousin asked me to help train you. I know nothing about any of this but I'm sure we'll figure it out together! Oh, we'll have so much fun!" Margot feared they would start foaming at the mouth from excitement.

   "I'm sure we will," Margot replied. She was sure she looked like trash - her hair uncombed and tied into a low bun, her fringe just covering her eyebrows. She also looked like she was on the verge of falling asleep, resting her cheek on her hand. "So, my powers rest in my blood? Literally."

   "Yes! Your blood is your power source, and can be used for multiple purposes," Hanji said, patting their hands against the three books. They spread the books across the table, before pointing to the white one. "This is the history of the witches. According to this, there were other witch families other than the Boudreaux's, but they've all went extinct. They have been for centuries." They then pointed to the black book. "This book is about rituals, spells. All the exciting stuff. But it seems quite... bloody. That's to be expected, the Boudreaux's are blood and fire witches. Let's hope you're not squeamish."

Blood hadn't bothered Margot too much until Marco's death. But she figured she would have to get used to it, especially being a soldier. Then again, she would be dealing with her own blood. It wasn't as traumatising.

   "And then the third book is about the witches themselves. You know, health, life expectancies, more physical stuff. The only way to kill a witch like yourself is to drain them of blood, as that is your power source. Your blood regenerates quickly, but when it's taken too quickly and left without treatment it can be fatal. For example, cutting of the throat. Also, from what I read, you have enhanced healing. Not as fast as Eren's, but it's faster than the average human. But only when you want yourself to heal. You have to make yourself heal. It's not automatic," Hanji explained. "But it seems pretty easy for you to learn how to do that."