iii. winter training

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

1 YEAR LATER (848)...

THERE WAS NOTHING MARGOT HATED MORE THAN THE COLD. It was unbearable to her, and it didn't help that the layers of clothing she was wearing almost felt useless against the harsh wind and snow beating against her and the other training soldiers. The string of curses never stopped leaving her mouth, the colourful words causing Sasha to giggle every so often even in her own cold state. Needless to say, Margot was not in a good mood.

The cadets had been sent off on a snowstorm training exercise, being instructed to meet by the base at the foot of a mountain. Margot had been assigned to Jean's group, which consisted of the two of them as well as Sasha Braus, Connie Springer and Marco Bodt. Marco had been trying to comfort Margot during the journey, and she appreciated it. But her irritation towards the treacherous weather only increased her sarcastic attitude. It was a coping mechanism at this point.

Over the past year, those in the 104th cadet corps had become accustomed to Margot's temperament. She was always so relaxed that some mistook it for laziness, only to find that was far from the truth. She had consistency and was proving to be one of the stronger members out of the training soldiers. However, that didn't lessen the fact that Commander Shadis seemed like he wanted to feed her straight to the titans every time she woke up late or turned up to training later than everyone else, using the excuse that she "got lost on the path of life." Her organisation definitely needed improvement.

The five of them finally made it to the base, and Margot sat down on the inner side of the gates by the cabin they would be staying at, not fatigued but just cold beyond belief. Marco patted her head, and the rest of them sat down, waiting for the last two groups to arrive.

   "Can I use your boobs as a pillow?" Sasha asked, shivering. The rest of the group looked at the dark-haired girl with incredulous looks, and she threw her arms up defensively. "What? It's not weird! They're so cushioned and comfortable..."