v. seperation anxiety

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

TRYING TO FIND HER HORSE AMONG THE CHAOS was a task of itself

TRYING TO FIND HER HORSE AMONG THE CHAOS was a task of itself. It wasn't that anyone was panicking - no, they were all trained for this, somewhat. It was just that they had to be quick and evacuate the nearby houses, and that required speed. And Margot was still feeling groggy from her lack of sleep that morning. The beds at the outpost weren't exactly comfortable, and she had too much on her mind to have slept.

   "Margot!" She turned to see Bertholdt heading over to her and her horse, his own not too far away. He slowed down right in front of her, lowering his voice into a whisper. "Here, take this."

   "Wha-" Margot looked down at her hand, seeing that he had placed a small knife in her hand, wrapped in a cloth. "Bert, why are you giving me a knife? This won't do much against a Titan." She chuckled lightly, looking up at him. He looked down at his feet, as if trying to think of an excuse. Then he sighed, meeting her eyes again.

   "I... I overheard."

   "Overheard what?" Margot was growing concerned, eyebrows growing into a frown. He couldn't...

   "Your powers," Bertholdt said. "And we all came unprepared, so I managed to find this. Take it."

   "You're not supposed to know." That's all Margot was able to say. She didn't know how to react. Who did he overhear from? How long had he known? Knowing that they had limited time and not nearly enough to talk, she sighed, and tucked the knife away. "Thanks, Bertholdt."

   "It's no problem," Bertholdt's nodded, his eyes lingering on her for a moment before he left.

Margot looked down at the small knife in her hand, making sure it was wrapped properly before tucking it away into her mid-calf boots. Then, she hauled herself up onto Elise, tying her hair up quickly before taking off.

Margot didn't know what time of day it was, or how much time they had to evacuate the nearby villages. This was different to the evacuation of Trost District, as they had more warning last time. Some part of Margot feared they wouldn't make it on time, even if they did split into four teams like Commander Miche instructed them to.