ix. land away from home

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

   "WE DECIDED WITH MAGATH to head for Odiha

"WE DECIDED WITH MAGATH to head for Odiha. Rather, we had no other choice," Hanji explained inside the ship, addressing all of them as Connie supported a wounded Armin who was still healing from his severe gunshot wounds. Margot leaned against Jean, arms folded across her chest as she stood in different attire - a black sports bra and black sweatpants, having changed not long ago.

"There's nothing we can do to save your hometown, Liberio," Hanji continued, addressing the warriors. That was enough for Annie to fall to her knees, Mikasa doing her best to hold and support the girl as her whole reason for going on came crashing down.

"If that's true, my entire reason for fighting is gone," Annie spoke quietly on her hands and knees, almost as if she was about to be sick. Tears brimmed in her dull blue eyes, hands curling into fists of frustration. "I'm getting off the ship."

"Even if the rumbling stopped in its tracks, Liberio and Marley's destruction was inevitable," Hanji stated in a sombre tone, unable to give any sort of consolation or hope. "Magath understood that, but he gave his life so we could push ahead. He didn't do it for Liberio or Marley. He did it entrusting us to save people whose names he'd never know."

Pieck's hand cradled Gabi's head, a sad frown on her face. Reiner looked completely drained, bags under his eyes and his shoulders slumped, leaning against the wall away from everyone else. And Annie remained on the floor, Mikasa placing a hand on the blonde's back. They were all torn.

"In that case, I'll ask you again," Annie murmured, eyes turning up to meet Mikasa's. "Can you kill Eren? If I... try to kill Eren... can you stand by and watch?" Annie sat up, the tears building further as she became more desperate, the reality of the situation sinking in further. "I'm sick of killing each other. I don't want to fight with you anymore. Not you guys. Not even Eren." She broke down, holding her face as the tears finally cascaded down her cheeks.