i. love is strange

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

   "GO

   "GO."

Yelena's voice brought Margot out of her stupor, the blonde staring down at her blankly.

   "What?" Margot couldn't understand why Yelena would want her to leave considering she was a prisoner, but perhaps it was because there were a very limited number of places she could go. If they wanted to find her again, they could. Shiganshina wasn't exactly a big place.

   "To safety. I'm sure Eren wouldn't want you to die here. Go." Yelena reached into her jacket and took out Margot's blade, picking the lock on the handcuffs until they broke off.

Margot didn't stick around to wait, rolling her wrists before opening the door and making her way back down the stairs after retaking her blade. She wasn't going to escape - no, she wasn't a coward. She was going to find her friends, and hopefully Levi. She needed to make sure they were all safe.

As Eren had said, she had a lot to lose.

Margot knew she wasn't running slow, but it sure felt like it. It felt like everything was happening so fast around her and she was moving at half the speed. I need to keep going, she told herself, I need to find everyone.

Gripping the hilt of the blade in her hand, her knuckles began to turn white, knowing that she may have to use it. As she burst through the door of the building, finally having made it back down to the ground floor, she almost tripped over her own feet but regained her balance, sparing a glance over her shoulder to see what was happening behind her.

Reiner and Eren were fighting - but it was difficult to tell who was winning with all the destruction around them - debris flying in the air. Stepping to the side, Margot narrowly missed a few bricks that had been launched in her direction. Not letting that slow her down, she carried on running, but didn't make it far, a billet whizzing past her ear, skimming the skin and causing her to cry out from the shock. Holding her ear, she spun around, facing eight Marleyan soldiers with their guns aimed at her.