viii. out for blood

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

THE PLAN WAS SOMEWHAT simple, but also incredibly risky if it went sideways

THE PLAN WAS SOMEWHAT simple, but also incredibly risky if it went sideways. That plan being for Armin and Connie to report to Floch that they had been chasing the Cart Titan and that it was getting away along with the Armoured Titan. He would then ask that the Azumabito ready the flying boat so they could chase after them. It would only work if Floch believed them.

Margot sat in hiding, geared up with swords, a gun and Kenny's knife. Her hair was in one braid - courtesy of Jean, and she found her eyes constantly flickering over to where Levi, Yelena, Onyankopon, Acantha, Gabi, Falco and the twins would be hiding. She knew the twins would be safe, but she couldn't help the little bit of anxiousness in the pit of her stomach.

It was a waiting game, watching Connie and Armin talk to what looked like Daz and Samuel, the two Jaegerists guarding the flying boat, Margot's hand settled on the where her gun was resting. However, her attention was momentarily taken away as she watched Mikasa crash through the window Floch was holding the Azumabito, and that's when she knew the plan had gone to shit. And seconds later, Floch escaped through the other window.

   "Enemy attack!" Floch shouted in alarm to the rest of the Jaegerists, swinging using his ODM gear. "Mikasa, Connie and Armin have betrayed Eldia! Kill them!"

Three gunshots were fired, and Margot looked down in time to see Armin with multiple bullet wounds, held down by Daz, while Connie held down Samuel. Simultaneously to this, Annie and Reiner had transformed, blinding everyone with blinding lights for a moment before revealing their Titan forms. Margot definitely didn't miss the sight of their Titans, but it felt slightly less daunting knowing that they were not against them this time.

Daz moved the barrel of the gun to Armin's head, but the gunshot that followed didn't go off from Daz's gun - it came from Margot's. She had swooped in on her ODM gear and aimed straight for Daz's head without hesitation. She didn't use her knife, knowing that she wouldn't be able to watch the life leave the boy's eyes as he slowly bled to death, despite originally having no qualms for killing any Jaegerists. Even as she pulled the trigger, she felt bile rising in her throat that she quickly pushed down, landing on the ground beside Armin. Still, she couldn't take her eyes away from Daz's dead body, blood oozing from the bullet wound in his forehead. The guilt was already eating her alive. And to think, I helped save his life, once.