v. late night talks

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

1 YEAR LATER (850)...

IT HAD BEEN A YEAR SINCE MARGOT FOUND OUT ABOUT HER REAL MOTHER

IT HAD BEEN A YEAR SINCE MARGOT FOUND OUT ABOUT HER REAL MOTHER. Well, heard about her real mother. She hadn't gone back to Mila after running out that night, and Margot regretted it deeply. She should have asked more questions. She should have found out more about her mother, and what kind of woman she was. But she had been so overcome with fury and anger over not being told this news much sooner in her childhood. Undeniably it had affected her mental state the following year, but it didn't show on her exterior. To everyone else, she was completely fine. That is, to everyone but Eren Jaeger and Jean Kirstein.

Eren knew about her circumstance due to her blurting it all out to him in an emotional breakdown the moment she found out, and Jean knew because he was her best friend. It was only natural for her to tell him. But she hadn't told Bertholdt, and while she felt somewhat guilt about it, she didn't want to tell him. She hardly knew anything about her whole mother situation herself and didn't see why she needed to tell anyone other than who already knew. She could only hope that she would be given another opportunity to visit Mila and get proper answers. She needed answers.

Thankfully, none of the drama had affected her training. That much was shown the day before their graduation on their final day of training. She had been paired with Marco, but they were free to switch and spar with others if they wished. Marco was far too gentle with her at first, but he eventually toughened up and after a few hours of sparing, with close observation from Commander Shadis, the cadets were sent off to dinner.

Entering the hall, Margot's eyes scanned the area, trying to figure out where to sit. Jean and Marco were sitting with Mikasa - Jean most likely trying to woo the girl who couldn't look any less interested. On the table beside them was Eren and Armin. And on the other side of the hall was Reiner, Annie and Bertholdt.

Bertholdt had become increasingly distant with Margot. She knew he was, and he wasn't making it a secret. He had become distant and would only spare her a few words every so often. There hadn't been an argument, so she didn't understand his behaviour. In all honesty, she was getting tired of being ignored for no good reason by people. It was grating on her slowly, as she always preferred directness and honesty. She wasn't getting that at all. She would have much rather he broke up with her altogether instead of blatantly avoiding her.

   "Margot!" Her dark hues travelled back over to Bertholdt's table, seeing Reiner waving her over. Margot stood where she was, wondering if she should just go and join Jean and Marco instead. "Come sit here."

Grumbling under her breath, Margot walked over to the table, putting down her food and sitting across from Bertholdt. Annie was to her right and didn't even bother to look up. Despite Margot's annoyance towards Bertholdt, she still had that neutral expression on her face.