xviii. the ocean

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

EST.FIVE MONTHS LATER...

IT HAD BEEN AN ENTIRE YEAR since Margot (Boudreaux) Ackerman had graduated from the 104th Cadet Corps and enlisted into the Scout Regiment

IT HAD BEEN AN ENTIRE YEAR since Margot (Boudreaux) Ackerman had graduated from the 104th Cadet Corps and enlisted into the Scout Regiment. But it had been around five months since Shiganshina had been taken back, and in those five months a lot had changed. Winter had come and gone, and the Titans outside Trost District had been wiped out. And just as spring was coming around the corner, the military could safely announce that the Titans inside Wall Maria had been eradicated, allowing all refugees to return to their homes.

It also meant that for the first time since the Colossal Titan attacked Shiganshina all those years ago, the Scout Regiment were finally able to explore the land outside Wall Maria.

A hand came down gently on Margot's head, drawing her out of her slumber as her grey eyes opened slowly. She was met with teal eyes waiting for her to fully awaken, Eren having pulled up a chair to do so. His hair had grown longer in the past few months, now just about passing his jawline. Mumbling a quiet good morning, she attempted to brush her hair out of her face, before giving up. Eren ended up doing it for her, pushing her hair away from her face before placing a kiss on her forehead.

   "Levi and Jean came with me to get you. They didn't think you'd be awake on time, and didn't trust me to get you on my own without getting distracted," Eren said, a light blush rising to his cheeks. Margot snickered before sitting up, rubbing her eyes.

   "Can you blame them?" Margot stretched her arms before getting out of bed. "You're a hormonal teenager."

   "So are you."

   "I have more self-control," Margot defended. Eren couldn't argue with that.

Margot had since moved into the house Kenny Ackerman, her father, had wanted to live with her in. The house he used to stay in with Rosaline occasionally. It had been difficult moving in at first, knowing that if Kenny was still alive he would be living there with her. But she soon found comfort in the house, and had been granted permission to stay in it when she didn't have expeditions or other tasks to carry out with the Scouts. Especially since she had so much luggage, with all the books she had. It had become exceedingly more difficult for her to carry around. Truly, it was more of a cottage than a house - and a cute one at that.