ii. the truth

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

   "FROM WHAT I'VE READ IN THESE BOOKS OF YOURS, bleeding of the eyes signifies the opening of your power," Hanji explained as they sat across from each other, a lantern a few feet away from them

   "FROM WHAT I'VE READ IN THESE BOOKS OF YOURS, bleeding of the eyes signifies the opening of your power," Hanji explained as they sat across from each other, a lantern a few feet away from them. It was early in the day, and the other Scouts were training while Margot was going over more things with Hanji. The young girl had her arms folded on the table, hair tied up and out of her way as she listened intently. "You've always had the power, obviously, it's in your blood. Literally." Hanji laughed at their own joke, and Margot couldn't help but crack a smile. "But there are two stages. An opening, and then an awakening. During the expedition, you had your opening, which is why your eyes started bleeding. Don't worry, though. It won't happen again, unless you overuse your powers. But you'll probably just have a nosebleed or something. Less drastic."

   "Good. I'm not too fond of my eyes bleeding," Margot said. "Although, my vision has been a bit off since. And I've been having headaches. Is that another side effect?"

   "I suppose so." Hanji hummed, before sighing. "We can practice your self-healing, but I'd suggest no training with the Scouts until your eyes feel better. Now, let's start! Unfortunately, you learning how to heal yourself requires you to have an injury to start with, so..."

Hanji stood up, and reached into their pocket, pulling out a small pocketknife. Margot's eye twitched, a nervous smile on her face as picked the knife from Hanji's hands, turning it over before glancing up at the scientist, who beamed encouragingly.

   "You know, this isn't as fun as you promised it would be."

⚔️

Several days later, a select few Scouts were sat at a table with Captain Levi and Commander Erwin. Those few scouts being Margot, Eren, Jean, Armin and Mikasa. According to Commander Erwin, a suspect had been drawn for the identity of the Female Titan. Margot didn't know why it was just them, perhaps because they had been the only ones to actually see the Female Titan, but she didn't question it. Erwin usually had his reasoning, and considering the topic of conversation, she figured it was best to keep it down to as few people as possible to avoid word getting out.

The plan would take place in two days time, giving them time to prepare. It would be on the way to the Capital at Stohess District, where they were expected to turn in Eren, and if they failed the plan, Eren would be taken into custody and everything would become much more difficult. The hope was that they would capture the suspect on the way there and lure them underground so that they couldn't transform. Then again, it was just a plan. Margot could only hope that said plan would work.

   "As for the target," Eren started, clearly having some concerns about the whole plan. "Are we sure she is in Stohess?"

   "Yes, our target is a member of the Military Police," Erwin revealed. Margot had a feeling she knew who this suspect was but kept quiet. "It was Armin who arrived at that conclusion. He believes the target also killed the two captured Titans. She may be a former trainee from the 104th, the same as you."