xii. taste of tears

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

( i didn't read through this so, there may be some mistakes. mb )

MARGOT AND EREN MAY HAVE talked through their problems, but that didn't mean things were back to normal completely

It was no secret that Margot had been avoiding Eren somewhat and had said very little since their argument. Yes, he had explained himself and she had understood what had happened, but that didn't make it any easier for her to deal with. But wanting to avoid any more confrontation, she decided to somewhat shut off. It was a terrible coping mechanism, but she didn't know how else to deal with it. It was difficult for her to talk about, especially when there were much more important matters at hand. Such as, an impending war. But she couldn't control her feelings, even if she was used to keeping them in check. There was only so much she could take.

She was almost certain Levi was growing sick of the amount of teenage angst in the Azumabito estate.

   "I'm gonna go for a walk," Margot said, picking up her sheathed dagger and shoving it into the pocket of her Marleyan attire before standing up. "I'll be back soon."

   "You better be, or we'll come and get you," Jean said, Connie and Sasha nodding in agreement.

From the dining room, Eren's eyes followed Margot as she left, his cheek resting against his fist. He wanted to give her space; he really did. But the distance was painful enough without knowing if she was really over the argument they had. He just wanted to get things right. He wanted to make things right.

Margot didn't know how far she walked, but she did know that she was in the woods, deep within her own thoughts. She almost felt like she was doing that too much in recent times. I wish I was the old Margot who would sleep for hours and be so carefree. That would be great. Sitting by a tree, she sat with her back up against the bark, legs outstretched in front of herself.

Peering down at her hand, she eyed the ring Eren had gifted her before the trip to Lyria. She had never taken it off, and never intended to. Eren. He never failed to frustrate her to near insanity. In fact, what wasn't frustrating her these days? The dreams and hallucinations of her dead friends and family? Her distance with the twins? Eren's lack of communication? The war? She hadn't really known a day's rest since she was eleven years old.

   "Margot."

Margot turned, seeing Eren standing not too far away. She only looked at him for a moment before turning her gaze back up to the trees.

   "You're always finding me."

   "Didn't you want to be found?"

   "Not particularly, no."