vi. campfire songs

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

UPON ENTERING THE CAMPSITE, Connie had given Margot her own clothes that they had managed picked up before coming to the campsite, along with Kenny's knife

UPON ENTERING THE CAMPSITE, Connie had given Margot her own clothes that they had managed picked up before coming to the campsite, along with Kenny's knife. And upon looking through her green military jacket, she was glad to find Kenny's lighter still tucked within the inner pocket. Acantha was also there with the twins, who dropped their restless behaviour at the sight of their mother. Anything else left behind wasn't important to Margot.

After going deeper into the forests behind a tree to get changed, she returned, seeing that Hanji was gathering ingredients for food while everyone else setting themselves up. Margot would've done the same, had someone not stopped her.

   "Oi, Margot."

Levi's voice came out as a murmur, but it was loud enough for Margot to hear. A smile cracked at her lips - a sad smile at seeing Levi bandaged up, a smile that slowly turned into a frown. There was barely any part of him that wasn't covered up, only able to see one of his eyes through the bandage, and he was staring right at her, waiting for her to approach.

   "Where the hell did those babies come from?" He asked, getting straight to the point.

Right, the twins.

Margot felt her face heat up a little, now standing beside Levi as she rubbed the back of her neck, now finding deep interest in the trees that surrounded the campsite. Thankfully, everyone else was settling down and sorting themselves out and so nobody saw her discomfort.

   "Hey," Levi spoke up again, a little louder to get her attention. And he did, Margot turning back to him. "Do I have to repeat myself?"

   "Well, they... They're mine." Margot lifted the basket carrying the twins. They were comfortable in there, awake with their wide eyes scanning the area with great intrigue and curiosity. More so Carla - Kenny only looked half interested. Margot was just glad they weren't fighting or crying.

   "I figured," Levi muttered, just having wanted her to admit it. An awkward silence settled between the cousins, and she shuffled her feet, feeling uneasy. She didn't know if he was going to reprimand her or voice his disapproval. She wouldn't blame him. But upon looking at his face again, she saw he was just waiting for an explanation.