Melissa Pleads The Fifth

Maddie

Paige   Chloe

Brooke   Mackenzie   Nia   Melanie

The group dance this week is called 'Trapped', it is lyrical and it is about about homelessness. There's a trio with Maddie, Chloe, and Nia, and Maddie has a solo this week. I actually have a part in the end of the group dance. Let me explain, so after the girls help Maddie with everything, Kenzie goes onstage and they do the same, but faster. Finally, I appear in the box. 

Two Days To Competition

Today I was in Dance Jail coloring on my coloring book while the trio rehearsed. I was also listening to the moms' conversation.

"Why aren't you wearing your ring?" I hear Christi ask and I look up to the four of them.

"Cause I'm not wearing it anymore." Mommy answers.

"Why?"

"Just not."

I take my red crayon and keep on coloring.

"Doesn't that hurt Greg's feelings, then?" Kelly asks Mommy.

"It's just how we're doing it." She simply answers.

Let her live in peace, please.

Mommy and Greg were getting married and I was really excited, but the other moms don't let Mommy live in peace!

"Do the girls say anything that you don't wear it?" Holly asks as soon as everything goes silent, "Do they notice it?"

Mommy takes all of her stuff and picks me up with her free arm. Mommy walks down to Studio A and enters.

"Abby, I'm sorry, but these people are starting this again," Mommy complains, "So my kids and I are leaving, and we're not going this weekend. Come on, Maddie."

She storms off and takes Kenzie. She lets me down for a moment while she goes take Maddie. She comes back without Maddie and the three of us walk out to the parking lot.

"What about Maddie?" Kenzie asks.

"Don't worry about her." Mommy tells her as we get to the car.

We get inside and Mommy drives away.

•Competition Day•

Is this just a dream?
Are you really me?
Can it truly be?
This vision I see?
Reflections of you
And me

Oh, what can I do?
Can I pull her through?
Those broken glass eyes
Reflect enmity
Reflections of you
And me

Mommy and Miss Abby looked like they loved Maddie's solo, but they do that every single week. After Justice performs his solo, the trio is ready to go onstage.

"Entry number 275 in the junior division, 'Whatever I want'." The announcer says and the girls go onstage as we cheer.

Whatever I want
Whatever I want
Whatever I want
Whatever I want

I always get whatever I want (whatever I want) when I want it

All the men in this club want my love, want my love
All the ladies know I'm hot, they don't have what I got
All the men in this club want my love, want my love
All the ladies know I'm hot, they don't have what I got

Second Day Of Competition

Mommy was finishing with my hair as the girls go over the group dance.

"Don't land on that right heel, Maddie, you know better. Paige, right there when you laid on the side your foot was completely sickled!"

I get inside of the box and get into my position.

"Is it comfortable in there?" Kenzie walks over to me and I nod, "Make some space."

She sits beside me as we watch the girls finish the dance again.

"GIrls, let's go!"

The two of us get out of the box and form a line with the rest of the girls. I was right behind Maddie when we all see the Candy Apples walk on front of us. They all look over to us, but we ignore them and start our way backstage.

"Next up coming to the stage, we have entry number 84. This'll be in our junior division." The announcer says and the music starts.

Trapped inside these four white walls
Waiting for someone to call
Something's gonna have to give
And I don't know when

Seems it's taking far too long
I've been stuck on this same song
I've been standing on the edge
And I'm gonna fall

At the end, I run inside the box and get in my position as the girls move it. Everyone claps and cheers as all of us leave the stage. We hug as the Candy Apples go on stage and we start watching their number. In the middle of it, one of the dancers runs off stage, and turns out she broke her ankle, so we saw as the paramedics took her in an ambulance. In awards, the group was sadly third, the trio didn't place, and Maddie was first. 

After Cathy tried to give Mommy a gift and she declined, the four of us left the competition and started our way back home.