Boys Are Cuties, Girls Have Cooties

"I just want to look at what fourth place looks like." Miss Abby starts pyramid, "This weekend, we will be traveling to Voorhees, New Jersey. We will be attending On Stage America. I don't want to be fourth again." 

Yeah, the group was fourth, Kenzie was third, and Chloe was second, she beat Bella but lost to Kaeli, and Studio Blue beat the ALDC.

"On the bottom." Miss Abby reveals the bottom headshot, "Mackenzie. You will not be performing in the group routine this weekend."

Kenzie nods as Miss Abby reveals the next headshot.

"Maddie. At nationals, you were amazing, just as good as Chloe, but Chloe won, and ever since then." She shrugs.

She reveals the next headshot.

"Melanie. You didn't dance, you went with us and worked with the girls makeup. Who knows, is that why the group placed fourth?" I look at her upset, "You have not danced in weeks, before you joined the team, you were a force to be reckoned with, you were Maddie and Mackenzie combined, but you haven't won since your first solo. You placed second with your second solo and Mackenzie beat you, and after that, you screwed the whole number and placed third. I'm disappointed, I thought that you were going to be better. Also, crying in the dressing room, quit it. You're not a baby anymore--"

"She was crying because she was scared." Mommy defends me.

"Scared of what?" Miss Abby asks, "She should not be scared of anything." She looks over to me, "Understand?" I nod, "UNDERSTAND?!"

"Yes, ma'am." I answer.

Chloe   Kendall

Nia   Paige   Melanie   Maddie   Mackenzie

"Nobody in the group that got fourth deserves that spot." Miss Abby says, "Brooke, I don't have you on the team."

"She's been here every week." Kelly says, "What is the purpose of her coming her every week if you're not going to put her in the pyramid. 

"Brooke, do you want to be here?" Miss Abby asks and Brooke nods, "See. that to me, it's not a response that I'm looking for." She looks back to us, "This weekend, we are doing a group routine called 'Pink Lemonade'. Brooke, I planned for you to be in the group routine. Kendall, you have a solo. Your solo is entitled 'Owe You Nothing'. Remember that, I owe you nothing. You are very lucky. Embrace this opportunity and make the most of it. Nia, you also have a solo. Your solo is entitled 'A Hundred Years from Now', is it gonna take a hundred more years to straighten those legs and point those feet, or are you gonna do it now?" She looks over to me, "Melanie, you have a solo. It is entitled 'All I Want', all I want for you is to win, I want you to be the best dancer, but it doesn't seem like you really want it, do you?" She looks back to all of us, "I have one more solo. Chloe, do you think you can do the dance that I teach you?" Chloe nods, "Have you talked to your mom about stopping the advocacy for all the other mothers. Chloe, this is a contemporary routine as well. There's a lot of hits, accents. It's stronger than you've been doing before, and it is called 'Left in the Dark'. The group routine is entitled 'Pink Lemonade'. You're using hats and the hats are a prop. Drop your hat, and you're off the team."

"God, let's be a little harsh." Kelly comments and we all laugh.

The moms leave after that and Miss Abby start with Nia's solo rehearsal. After a while, the group dance rehearsal starts as Kenzie and I sit in the back.

•Two Days To Competition•

I change into my dance clothes as I wait for the solo rehearsal. The girls were all talking about how hard it was to dance with the hats, and how Miss Abby was serious about kicking someone off, she can't do that, can she?