No One Is Safe

I woke up at 7:30 in the morning and prepared for homeschooling. Yeah my sisters and I are homeschooling this year, first time. I change into a purple shirt with black shorts, and my hair is on a braid. I take all of my books and notebooks and go downstairs to the kitchen table.

"Morning." Maddie says, writing something on her notebook.

"Morning Mads." I say and sit down.

Mom places a bowl of cereal beside my books and I start eating while I read some boring history stuff. We do some homeschool for a couple hours and then we start getting ready for dance, for me, I just change my shorts to some jeans. Even that is hard now! Then we just get in the car and leave, again. Once we're there, I go straight I studio A, and just wait for everyone. They all arrive and the cameras start recording.

"Well, congratulations. You beat the Wicked Witch of the West, the crab apples, and you were the highest scoring routine of the day. I am going this week-- and I'm very excited-- I have my second open-call audition." Abby says and I sigh, those auditions, "Girls, I don't know what your mothers told you about the last audition in Orlando, but I kept enough kids that I could have created a whole new team, and replace every single person, including you, Maddie."

This just got serious. 

"My eyes are open. I'm always watching. And I know there's some amazing studios in the Atlanta area. All right, let's get to the pyramid." She reveals the bottom headshot, "Melanie. You're injured, you're out for a while, you better watch out."

Chloe

Maddie   Nia   Mackenzie

Paige   Brooke   Kendall   Melanie

So there's two solos, my sisters got them, there's also a trio with Chloe, Paige and Kendall and Nia is the featured dancer in the group dance. This will just be another boring week.

•Competition Day•

The chaos was once again on the dressing room, and I was just sitting playing on my phone, until my phone rings, and it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Good morning, is this Melanie Ziegler?"

"Yes..? Who am I talking to?" I ask.

"It's Jen, can I talk to your Mom?"

So then why do you call me? I give my Mom the phone, and she leaves the room. A couple minutes later, she comes back in smiling, just like  when I was given the job of the movie thingy.

"So there's an audition coming, but it is for a secondary character." Mom says, walking towards me.

"Side character." I correct her.

"Yeah, and Jen thought that it was a good idea if you auditioned." She says.

"Is it for a show or a movie..?" I ask.

"A Disney Channel show, Dog With A Blog." She tells me.

"Nice. So do I have to send the audition or do I have to go there?"

"Send it."

She leaves to help Kenzie with her hair right after that. Cool! Now I can try out acting . . .  On a boot. What if that prevents me of getting the role? I hope not. 

The competition went great, the trio was first, same as Maddie's solo and the group, Kenzie was second, but come on, she had to dance and lip synch.