West Coast Strikes Back

At Monday, I was taken to the place I really never expected to go as an eight-year-old. To a therapist. Half the decision was Holly's actually, it was also what Sia had told Mom about originally Maddie, but turns out I show the same signs. They just think that I have a 'lot of pressure' on myself at such a young age. 

Isn't this what life is supposed to be about? 

Turned out it's not, and now both Mom and Holly are keeping an eye on me, this should be fun.

Maybe I could persuade them into buying me some McDonald's.

Anyways,

At Wednesday we were back at the studio, I was so excited about seeing Kenzie on top, after a victorious weekend. Maddie finally calmed down and apologized, same as Mom, but I'm still taking things slow, but I'll have to forgive them someday.

"Let's get to the pyramid, shall we?" Abby reveals the first headshot, "On the bottom of the pyramid, Kendall. Kendall, you weren't here." Both Kendall and Jill nod, "Next, we have JoJo."

JoJo looks at Abby shocked.

"Because, you're capable of doing more, you were capable of nailing that ending turn in your solo." Abby tells her, "And you didn't."

She reveals the next headshot, that was Nia's.

"Nia, all the isolations at the end, hot mess, not clean." Abby explains, "Next, we have Melanie."

I sigh in relief and smile.

"Your facials were on point, I liked them, but--" I look at her worried, "Backstage, your behavior was not the best."

She continues revealing the other headshots.

I know I lost control, but it wasn't only my fault, was it?

Mackenzie

Maddie     Kalani   Melanie

Nia       JoJo     Kendall

"This week we are going to Fierce Talent Competition in Calabasas." Abby announces, "So we don't know who's gonna be there or what studios, but--"

"We know one." Kira interrupts, "MDP is gonna be there."

"Ugh!"

"So, solos." Abby says and JoJo raises her hand, "Yes?"

"My grandma is coming into town, and I don't know if you know but she is sick." JoJo tells her, "She has stage four colon cancer, and I really would like to dance for her and--" JoJo starts tearing up, "Sorry, it's just that she got sick, and I don't want to cry much."

"Take a deep breath." Abby instructs her.

"I just really want to dance for her when she comes here." JoJo cries, "And I would love to have a solo this week, I'm not asking like 'Give me a solo, give me a solo,' but I just want to dance for her while she has the opportunity to be here."

Everything goes dead silent, and we all look over to Abby.

"JoJo," Abby starts, "I understand what you're going through and I think it's very admirable that your grandmother flew all the way out here to California, and I would love for her to see you perform a solo." There's silence for a moment, "So I'll definitely do a solo for you."

"Thank you."

We all clap.

That was sweet.

"I have to give out another solo. Who is it going to be our best foot forward and beat all those people?" Abby asks, "So, Kendall, two weeks ago-- before you went away-- we scratched your solo. Now, I was going to have you perform that solo this week."