Tap Versus Hip Hop

Miss Abby decided that it was better to go to Hollywood than to stay in Pittsburgh, okay really she was filming season 2 of AUDC and Dance Moms was relocated to the CADC meanwhile, meaning that Cathy got her time of glory, but let's go back to normal, I've been practicing harder ever since I beat Kenzie and Asia and got a perfect 300. Like, I'm not going to slack off after I had a great time in the competition. We just arrived to pyramid and Miss Abby starts talking. 

"Let's go through pyramid, we can all remember back then. Brooke. Brooke, the faculty here didn't see too much of you while I was away."

"I was recording a CD, so I was gone all week too." Brooke tells Miss Abby.

"Paige. Do you feel that you've improved?"

"Yeah, I think my turns have been getting better, because we've had normal classes, so that I've been able to work on them more." Paige tells her.

"And next we have Kendall. Kendall, do you think you have been improving?"

"Yes. I have a private with James every week, and he works on my turns, and he says that they're getting much better." Kendall says.

"Okay, Nia. What about you?"

"I've been getting four extra classes every single week." Nia says.

"I think that's great. Good for you, nice to hear that. Moving up, we have Mackenzie. Mackenzie, you didn't win. You let both Asia and Melanie beat you. It's this. It's that confidence. You let your face go blank. Are you cute? Yes. But you're getting a little too old for cute, let that to your sister."

I look at Miss Abby confused.

"Chloe. You had a great performance. You went out onstage, you looked beautiful, your Mom was beaming, they announced you as the winner. The scores were not right, you did not win; you were second. Next we have Asia. Now Asia's not here. Asia will be back in pyramid next week. Next is Maddie. You gave a flawless performance, and when they announced Chloe as the winner, you didn't even flinch. You were thrilled for your classmate. On top of the pyramid we have Melanie. You didn't beat one, but both Mackenzie and Asia, beat a lot of dancers older than you and even got a pefect score and standing ovation. This week, you will be traveling to Syracuse, New York. The competition is In10sity Dance."

Melanie

Maddie   Asia   Chloe   Mackenzie

Nia   Kendall   Paige   Brooke

This week, I don't have anything, I'm not in the group dance, I don't have a solo, just, nothing. At least I thought, it turns out I actually have a duet, but it isn't on the show, it's a real competition with the ALDC Mini Team. I have a jazz duet with Emma, we've been duet partners for a long time now, the duet's called 'Friends Do'.

I enter studio B where Emma and the teacher are already waiting for me and start rehearsing.

Competition Day

At Friday, I arrive to the studio at 8 in the morning, my sisters were at school, there's no Dance Moms shooting and I don't know where Miss Abby is, at least she's not going to the competition, that would be a chaos. We get on the bus and leave. The competition was actually on Pittsburgh too so it isn't really far. Once we arrive we go to the dressing room and Emma and I change into our duet costumes and go backstage to wait.

"What entry was the duet?" Emma asks.

"I think like 15." I tell her, "Or maybe 16."

It turned out we were entry number 25.