Two Can Play This Game

Maddie

Chloe   Kendall   Paige

Mackenzie   Melanie   Nia   Brooke   Payton

"I told all of you over the break, this isn't going to be another year of Maddie working her butt off and you all sitting around. Kendall, Chloe, you at both gonna have solos. We're gonna see who my number two girl is. I know who my girl is, but who is right behind her? Chloe, Kendall, it will be the battle of the pop stars. Chloe, your routine is inspired by Katy Perry. And, Kendall, you're gonna be an extreme individual like Lady Gaga. You need some healthy competition, I am all for it. Everyone will be in the group routine. The routine is called 'Just Another Number.' Each one of you are just another number, easily replaceable."

Replaceable, replaceable, replaceable, at least Abby learned a new word over the break. 

The only thing I knew was that this week was going to be boring, I just have to focus on the group dance.

This week, it was all about Kendall and Chloe, I remember clearly when it used to be about Maddie and Chloe, oh well. The group dance was also great, but we were nervous, mainly because we were third last week, also because the Candy Apples are competing against us and they're good dancers.

Competition Day

"Did you hear what Christi told Chloe?" Kenzie asks Payton, Paige, and I as we all ate lunch outside.

"Nope." I answer, "What is it?"

"She told her that she needed to stop looking nervous or that she would take her phone away." Kenzie answers.

"Exaggerated much." Payton comments.

"Poor Chloe." Paige adds, "But Christi's serious with all of this Chloe-Kendall competition."

"I feel bad for Chlo." I say, "This is going to be a hard year for everyone, but Christi's tired of the same old, so she's gonna turn into a drama mom."

"Toxic." Payton says, "That's the word."

"Yeah." We all agree.

"Let's all go inside." Paige says, "And watch the solos perform."

"That's gonna be fun!" Kenzie exclaims as we all walk inside.

We go backstage just in time for Chloe to leave the stage.

"How much did we lose?" Paige asks.

"Everything." Brooke answers and we all start our way back to the dressing room, "Where were you guys anyways?"

"Outside." Payton answers.

"Eating lunch." I add as we all enter.

We start getting ready and rehearse once as peace is present in the dressing room. I mean, Leslie isn't here.

"Put your hands together for 'Just Another Number', entry number 36." The announcer says and we all go on stage.

What is wrong with me?
That I keep coming back
To this place I can't exist
This time that's clearly past?

What have you done to me?
That you know me so well?
But this person you've become
I can barely tell

The group dance was first, Chloe was second, and Kendall was fifth.