Mack Z vs Abby Lee

"We have not had a good pyramid in weeks, where Abby was on time, showed up, gave out the dances." Jill says as we all wait outside.

"I know." Ashlee agrees, "So is anybody else quitting this week?"

"No." Jess smiles.

"Whether Abby admits it or not, I think hearing that Maddie, Mackenzie, and Melanie were leaving affected her." Ashlee continues.

Still sounds a little weird.

Later, we were all ready for pyramid, just waiting for Abby to come in.

"Last week. Great number. 'The Huntsman: Winter's War'. It was big, it was epic, it was fabulous. It was second overall high score." She sighs, "Second. What did we do the week before that?" Silence, "We didn't win."

"No." Mom says, "We didn't even place."

"Maybe it's just our time, girls." Abby tells us, "If you won every single competition, you don't need to work as hard. I thnk you can do better." She looks over to the pyramid, "At the bottom of the pyramid, we have JoJo."

"I've literally been on the bottom like every week." JoJo comments.

"I just feel that you were a bit distracted." Abby explains.

"She did the group dance. She did the duet. She did good. She, like-- It was a good week for her." Jess defends JoJo.

"Well, then we'll move her." Abby says as she takes JoJo's headshot and places it on the top of the pyramid, making us clap.

"I like that!" JoJo exclaims.

"Next we have Brynn." Abby reveals the next headshot.

"I didn't have anything last week." Brynn comments.

"Right, there you go. See?" Next headshot, "Next we have Mackenzie. I've been raising you for years now, 'Don't cry, don't cry, don't be a crybaby'. But there comes that time when you're playing a role where you need to dig down deep and remember something that made you sad, that brought you to tears." She reveals the next headshot, "And then, we have Nia. I definitely saw emotion in you. You're a strong girl, but I saw you become frail. It was great, I think you did a great job, I told you that." Nia nods, "Next is Melanie. You were good, flew under the radar."

JoJo

Kalani   Maddie   Kendall

Melanie   Nia   Mackenzie   Brynn

"This week, we are traveling to Sacramento, California to attend Xpressions Dance Competition. JoJo, you will be doing a solo this week. It's gonna be hip-hop." Abby announces.

"I love you!" JoJo exclaims.

"'Million Dollar Baby'." Abby continues.

"That's my girl!"

The two of them high-five.

"Brynn, you will be doing a solo. It's also hip-hop, and the name of your routine is 'Freak'." Abby says, "My last solo for this week goes to Mackenzie."

We all clap.

"Yay, Mackenz!" Mom exclaims, "Hip-hop?"

"Actually, you are doing 'Hoedown Showdown', a gymnastics routine. It's what you do." Abby announces.

"Mackenzie's amazing at hip-hop." Mom tells Abby.

"Why can't she do hip-hop?" I ask.

"You should let 'em all three do hip-hop." Jill adds.