¶chapter nine¶

His eyes narrowed at finding Kamraan calling him at this part of the night. He hoped he was been able to attend to any emergency cases in his absence, his friend was the one taking care of the clinic. But what he heard from him fumed Faris from head to toe.

That woman was back.

"She came to the clinic in the morning, Faris. She looked in a very bad state and was crying. She was asking about you but I didn't tell her anything."

Faris pushed the cup back on the table and stood up with a jerk. Just hearing about her, made him infuriated. To catch some air, he walked towards the window. Harshly tugging at the fences, his mind went back to seven years ago.

Marina Waqar was his classmate at the medical university. A beautiful, intelligent, outgoing, and smart girl. She had a wealthy background and was a bit of a spoilt brat, popular among every man due to her beauty. But she got attracted to that quiet, mysterious, and handsome guy Faris.

His cold aura enticed her. Everyone waited for her one glance but here this person was not at all affected by her. At first, she approached him and tried to befriend him. But Faris didn't pay heed to her advances. Soon Faris also got mesmerized by her. She seemed like a good girl to him and shortly, he discovered he started to like her.

But when Faris wanted to get wedded to her after their degree completion, she delayed it. She didn't want to get herself caged in marriage this soon. She was okay with being his girlfriend but Faris didn't like any unscrupulous relationship and affair. However, Marina always refuted the subject whenever he brought it upon.

Faris was bearing her for the sake of his fondness for her but his love plummeted on the ground harshly when he found her going out with another guy. She was bold and extrovert, which he was aware of but he couldn't imagine her being a cheater. She was two-timing and it instigated Faris.

She was the first woman in whom he ever got interested but her betrayal left him deeply hurt and then he started to run away from the topic of love, relationship, and marriage. Whenever these three things were mentioned, it made him remember that cunning woman.

He didn't know why was she back again. After he told her that he didn't want any contact with her, she also never pressurized him. She was okay with her current life in which there was no restriction. There was a constant pressure of marriage from Faris onto her which was annoying Marina. Now her sudden reappearance didn't make sense. But Faris hated her so much that he didn't care whether she would remain alive or die.

               ___________________

The next day, he reached the town and after a long and tiring surgery, he was sitting in his room when his phone rang. He was exhausted after such a long drive and was now the restart of a hectic routine once again but being a doctor was something he started to enjoy after having no curiosity about it in the beginning. His father shoved his wish to have a child studying MBBS on him after Faraan said in obvious words that this profession didn't fancy him.

Back to the call, he picked up his cell and regarded the number. It was a number from Karachi and he already had gotten a call from it a week ago.

Suddenly his mind flashed and he linked the dots. It must be Faraan's new fiance. Why was she again reaching out to him?

Ajwa bit her lip to control her anger. Tomorrow morning, that jerk's family sent a new ring, wedding attire, jewelry, and some other fancy clothes for her. And it made her lose her cool. How dare he did that? On top of all, she was helpless because of her mother and sister.

Every time she decided to open her mouth in front of her father, both the women gave her a pledge not to risk it. They didn't want her to die an early death at the hands of Khalid. Not that it could make her father understand, but at least she wanted to try.