¶chapter fourty five¶

Today was a pleasant and nice day. In the morning, Ajwa was busy tidying up the room while Faris was in the washroom, having a shower. In the night, it was Javaria's mehndi ceremony. As her wedding would be over, they would go back to their own house. After the last night incident, she was mostly quiet. She still needed some time to accept her acceptance of this union. And perhaps she thought she got more than enough and love wasn't in her fate. She always wanted respect and loyalty in a relationship seeing her father's behavior with her mother, and she got it in her own marriage with Faris.

And to be honest, Ajwa was happy with this. Whenever she saw Faris so calm, gentle, and soft for her, it removed so much of her worry and sadness.

Faris came out, a towel on his shoulder while his chest was bare. He approached her and gave her a silent look leaving whatever she was doing, her eyes flickering between his beautiful body and handsome face. He always managed to get her crazy.

"Give me your earring. I'll get its similar pair prepared by some jeweler today, " he told her.

Ajwa shook her head. "Leave it. It's okay. It will be just arduous for you. I won't tell anyone that I lost it."

Faris placed his index finger and thumb under her chin and lifted her face. "I know this pretty face is sad just due to it. And you aren't a burden to me. C'mon, give me your earring quickly."

Ajwa turned towards the bed's side table and pulled it out. She grabbed the golden ornament and gave it to him. Faris regarded it briefly before tugging it inside his palm.

"Are you going somewhere?" Ajwa asked seeing him getting ready in a formal black shirt and brown dress pants. He was now running the comb through his raven-black hair.

Faris looked at her as he was sprinkling perfume on himself. "Yes. I am going back to the village. I have to check the condition of the clinic. It's been a couple of days since I haven't been there."

Ajwa's eyes widened. "You didn't tell me."

"This just gets planned a while ago. I didn't have any schedule till yesterday. There is no senior on duty right now and there is an emergency today as a factory near our town got caught fire and there is a suspicion of many people working inside of it. The situation is getting out of control now so I need to be there," he explained.

Ajwa's breath caught in her lungs. She had heard him talking on the phone since early morning and ordering his colleagues and juniors. She couldn't ask him what was happening since she thought he was just doing this for the satisfaction of the circumstances of his clinic in his absence. 

"Oh God," she whispered, placing a hand over her chest. "I should come with you too."

Faris bobbed his head in denial quickly when she said it. "No Ajwa. You should stay here. I perhaps have to stay in hospital for don't know how many hours. And you should be here than being alone there. I will also try to come as soon as the situation will come into our hands In Sha Allah."

"But Faris, you---" She swallowed at the thought of him going away and then she would be living under the same roof as his brother without him. "Javaria Ap's mehndi is today. How will I live here without you? Alone."

"What's wrong, Ajwa?" He mumbled in exasperation. She had the first time seeing him talking like that to her as he was irritated by her. But maybe it was because he was very tense over the situation of his emergency.

"You aren't alone here. Everyone is here. And regarding your sister's wedding, I will try to come soon. But you should be already present here that even if I won't come back, then at least you will be there to attend the function," he completed but soon he found how her face went blank when he said it.

Her Replaced Husband ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara