Prologue

Faris gazed at the papered letter in his father's trembling palm and then at his old, weary-flecked face. Within the blink of an eye, his eyes popped out as he noticed the tiny pieces of the white lined paper on the woody floor- swaying here and there with the incoming puff of air.

His father had just torn the letter.

"What have you done, Dad?" Faris questioned his father, still in a haze.

The old man finally looked away from the shattered letter of his beloved twin to the other one who was the only ray of his hope now. 

"Trying to erase the stains which this brat son of mine has given me, " he told him with a sad smile playing on his lips.

"And do you think by tearing this piece of paper, everything which he has done will vanish from people's minds and tongues?" Faris asked him back as he eyed his father with suspicious eyes.

"I will think about the long-termed scars given by that ungrateful later. For now, I have to think about this moment and what is going to happen at this moment," he claimed as he clenched his jaws in anger.

Faris didn't say anything instead kept on staring at him with gritted brows as his Dad's words were so vague for him to understand. His father finally turned towards him and cupped his both shoulders.

"Faris, will you help me?" He asked as a tear escape his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Faris asked in confusion.

"You resemble him, I know not that much but a person who has seldom seen him in person, will not be able to distinguish that who is who. That girl and her family have mostly seen Faraan in pictures except for one or two personal encounters."

Faris first gazed at the hand of his Dad on his shoulders and then his face as he didn't understand a bit of what he had said.

"What are you trying to say, Dad?"

The old man sighed before looking back at his son, "Marry Faraan's fiance."

Faris jerked off his father's hand from his shoulders as some current has pertained to his whole body.

"Are you serious, Dad? You want me to pose as Faraan?" He almost yelled.

His father shook his head in denial, "I don't want you to pose as Faraan. Instead, I want you to pose as Ajwa's fiance- on the name of the one she has been sitting for these twenty years of her life."

Faris wiggled his head as he forgot how to blink his eyes. Every time Faraan did something and he had to clear his mess.

"I can't do that. You can't use me this time as well," Faris shouted as he moved his feet to go out.

"Please, Faris. Think about our prestige, think about that innocent girl whose fiance has just left her on her wedding day. What will we say to her family? For the sake of us, please do this, "  his Dad pleaded which cause his feet to come to a halt.

That girl! He had seen her once. And his father was right; how innocent and pure she was! But his life was not a courtesy market which his parents have been thinking it was. Faris took a deep breath as he closed his eyes. What should he do?

On one side, the dignity of his family was being destroyed by that twin brother of his but on the other hand, his own life meant more to him.

                                 💠💠💠

Salam guys!

This is just a prologue/ sneak peek of my upcoming book. I hope you like it.

Do let me know in your comments what are your views on it.

What Faraan has done and what made him leave on his wedding day, will Faris agree to marry his fiance?  For this, you have to wait for the proper chapters.

IMPORTANT:  (PLEASE READ)

🚨 I am going to make changes in the story so please read the new chapters as they will get uploaded for a better understanding of story.🚨

And plz pray that I will be able to complete this book now lol. 😂😂

Till then, take care. Allah Hafiz.