11

"From your King," I held back my scoff as I watched their exchange, "with this you'll be safe in any of our lands." Bellamy's hand reached out and grabbed ahold of it, but Echo didn't let go.

"You think we'll ever be able to trust each other again." I watched her eyes flash very quickly over his body, scanning him. My eyes narrowed as I waited for Bellamy's response, missing his slight glance towards me.

"I doubt it." A small smirk crossed my lips without me knowing. Though it grew when I meet Echo's eyes, triumph in my eyes as she looked defeated. Maybe a little angry.

"Welcome back to the Coalition." Her eyes never left mine as she spoke, her duty leading over her pride as she turned and walked away.

"Time to go." I spoke, stepping back towards the group as Bellamy began to walk over. "I've got someone waiting on me."

"Who?" I flicked my eyes between Bellamy and my father as they both shared a confused glance before turning back towards me.

I decided to mess with them and didn't skip a beat as I smiled happily and sighed.

"Well, if you two must know. I've met someone. He's tall, dark, and so very handsome. His athleticism and bravery really got me hooked too. And not to mention the fact I feel a huge connection with him." I held back my laugh as I met Octavia's eyes and saw she was holding back her own.

"What? Who?" I rose my eyebrows as they both spoke in sync again.

"He's really close to me, I'm surprised you don't know who he is. In fact, I'm a little hurt that you don't pay enough attention to me." I faked a sigh, holding my breath afterwards as I watched their faces fall. "It's like you don't even know me." I saw Bellamy's eyes narrow and I think that I might have milked it a little too far.

"I mean, come on. How do you not know who I'm talking about?" I asked before he could say anything. "Erebus is literally my horse!" I shouted not being able to take it anymore. The small group laughed at their faces. Octavia and I the most as we had both known who I was referring to from the beginning.

"You." My dad shook his head adoringly as he broke into a smile, chuckling as he watched me laughing.

Bellamy remained quiet but rolled his eyes as a smile cracked on his face. How could he not, even Indra was chuckling at the two males.

"Okay, now let's actually roll." I spoke as I finally caught my breath, a smile still across my lips. My father nodded towards me and gave me a comforting look.

"We'll try our best to keep the King on his throne." He added to his nod.

"We'll find a way to beat the radiation." Clarke added, looking confident yet I could see the worry written all over her face.

"If either of you screw this up, we die." I turned my gaze to Octavia who had killed the joy from her face, her eyes not meeting mine as she stared straight at Clarke and my father. "No pressure."

"This is serious, O. If anyone finds out why Roan helped us. It'll be every clan for themselves, the King will fall and everyone will be after us." I saw the tension and felt it as they looked at each other.

"It's getting dark." I spoke up, interrupting the sibling showdown. "We've got a Rover to catch." I added once I had everyone's attention.

Clarke nodded and leaned in to hug Abby. The two women whispered to each other as my father and Bellamy shook hands. My feet carried me over to Octavia and Indra as I let the others say their goodbyes.

"Nestam, Indra." I grasped her forearm as she did the same.

"Nestam, Persphyni." I let go of her with a small squeeze before turning towards Octavia. I wrapped the shorter girl in a hug before she could protest. Her arms slowly snaked around me, but once she did, I hugged her tighter. Her own arms following my lead.

"Via, be careful." I whispered into her ear as I held onto her. "It's a long fall in the dark. Don't trip." I wasn't asking her, I was ordering her. Though I don't know if she understood exactly what I meant, all I know was I gave her something to brew over in her head. Something I knew I would be saying again soon.

Once she digested the information I pulled away and turned before she could say something, my eyes set on my father as I caught him in a hug.

"Be safe, Persphyni." I gave him a squeeze as I slowly stepped away.

"I'll be back soon, don't miss me too much." I winked at him before a smirk crossed my lips again. "Though I'm sure someone- I mean something else will take up your time." I gave a knowing look towards Abby and I saw the small blush dot her cheeks. The same pink color dancing along my father's neck and some around his cheeks.

"Pers!"

"I'm coming, hold your horses!" I shouted over my shoulder at the two.

"I'll be back with an update soon. Stay in touch." I ordered them, turning around before they could respond. A smirk on my face as I swaggered over to Bellamy and Clarke who rolled their eyes at me.

"Well, lads, looks like it's just us three again." Clarke chuckled under her breath as we walked through the streets of Polis.

"The youth inherited the earth."

"As long as it doesn't end up with Jobi nuts and someone trying to kill us." I rolled my eyes at Bellamy's comment.

"The only person who was in danger of being killed was you. You're lucky my after-high ass was able to get there in time." I said, hitting him in the side with my elbow. "Or your ass and Clarke's would've been Grounder bait."

"Ah, yes. Our knight in shining armor." Clarke cooed mockingly.

"More like smoking hot knight in black leather."

"And they have six months to save it."