10) Old People Guy's, They're A Real Issue.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO Soooo… here’s chapter 10. Sorry if it’s a bit boring, it’s sort of a lead up to chapter 11… Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments, they make me smile a lot :)

Still Kida's POV

The bright morning light coming through the window washed over the back of the couch and illuminated the room. I cursed my internal clock that set me to wake up at 6 o'clock every morning as I slowly sat up on the couch and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

The navy blanket slid down and pooled in my lap. My brows furrowed in confusion as I felt the fabric between my fingers... a soft blanket?

I slowly glanced over my shoulder and stared at the white pillow where my head had been resting. I hummed drowsily, looking towards the open window. The sun was getting brighter very quickly and I could feel the warmth of the rays on my face, on my whole face. My hand reached up and I realised that my mask had been pulled down and was scrunched up at the base of my neck.

Recollections of yesterday’s events came back to me as I looked around the apartment that was my new home, and a small smile graced my face.

Pushing the blanket off me I slid my legs over the side of the couch, my bare feet touched the carpeted floor. I don't even remember taking my shoes off.

I folded the blanket and placed it on the pillow before grabbing my bag from its spot under the coffee table and making my way to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

When I emerged again, refreshed and wide awake, Kakashi was sitting on the couch reading his 'special' book. Standing up and slipping the book into his back pocket, he gave me a closed eyed smile.

"Sleep well?" He asked making his way around the couch towards me.

"Yeah, haven't slept that good in weeks" I replied, glancing longingly at the couch.

"Breakfast?" Kakashi asked making his way to the kitchen and disappearing from my view.

"Yes thanks"

“Cereal?”

“Sure”

[Hatake’s… people of few words…]

I sat at the small table at the window as Kakashi emerged from the kitchen and placed the full bowl in front of me before sitting down opposite me with his own bowl of morning nutrients.

We sat and ate in silence for a few moments, each of us stealing glances at the other when we thought the other wouldn’t be watching. Our dilemma was that we kept doing this at the same time and making eye contact… Damn it…

“So, thanks for letting me stay here…” I said uncertainly after the 8th awkward eye contact.

“No problem, it’s good to have someone else here.” He replied giving me a close eyed smile. Our spoons sat in our now empty bowls and we were now just sitting in our seats swapping glances between each other our bowls.

Over the awkward situation, standing up I grabbed my own bowl and reached across the table for Kakashi’s only to have my hand blocked by Kakashi’s hand that was doing the exact same thing as mine except the other way around. S>.<t.

We both just stopped and stared before stepping back from the table, now expecting the other to do it. It’s usually polite for the guest to collect the dishes. Okay, I’ll do it. I reached forward again to grab his bowl but his hand blocked mine again as he reached for my bowl. Double s>.<t.