5) Mission: Catch That Girl: Part 2

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO Ok, here's part 2 :)

Kida's POV

I jumped onto the roofs again and can see the villages’ outer wall leading to the vast forest. Once I get out into the forest I'll be fine and I don't have to see this place or my 'father' again. I've done my part, and I can get on with my life now...

'What am I gonna do with my life?'

'Oh God, no, stop, don't second guess yourself now!'

'...But, seriously, what am I doing. I never really put much stock in family or friends because they always end up leaving. And now I'm the one that's leaving...'

'Exactly, it's a good feeling isn't it. For once you're not the one that's being left behind.'

'...But what if he's feeling exactly what I felt when people left me? Mum, Ms Takashima, the kids that I would try and befriend during the 5 years that I travelled by myself but who always went home at the end of the day to where their families were waiting for them with dinner on the table while I find an abandoned building or a tree to sleep in, eating food that I had stolen earlier that day from back pack, my back pack that held all the belongings I had left in the world that hadn't perished in the fire that took my mother or been lost and stolen in my travels.'

'STOP. You're not helping yourself by thinking about this. You're going to leave this village, and your father so that he can get on with his own life which has probably far exceeded any kind of life that he could have had with you and your mother. You're going to travel, and survive, because that is what you do.'

Oh God... I'm actually having an internal conversation with myself. I thought that was only for crazy people and old people... damn old people.

A flash of orange in the distance caught my attention, snapping me out of my thoughts... thankfully... I don't know where that conversation was going. A blonde haired, blue eyed boy wearing bright orange pants and a matching jumper was standing a few roofs away from me. I gained speed and was planning to dodge him, but as I got closer he positioned his hands together and yelled "Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

Immediately after, maybe 50 or more copies of him appeared over the roofs surrounding us. All at once, they emitted their battle cries and charged at me, the excitement clear in all of their eyes. I knocked my hood back and my silver hair got caught in the wind that raced passed me as I ran. I removed my katana from its sheath and positioned the blade in front of myself, never missing a step as I continued jumping from building to building, getting closer to the still charging mass of orange.

As the first wave reached me, I swung my blade through several of them. The next waves barrelled through the clouds of smoke that were left behind from the ones that I had previously cut down. I swung my sword so fast that I could barely see the blade anymore. But my movements were precise and planned as they easily diminished the orange mob that advanced on me.

There were only 3 of the clones left on the roof top where I had stopped to defeat the threat. I couldn't tell which one could be the real one as all their presences were quite weak. As they all poised to attack me at the same time, I felt another presence that must be the original blonde boy, coming at me from behind. As the three clones pounced at me, the presence lunged at my back.

Swiftly, I swung my katana at the three clones while swinging my right foot out behind me. As the three confirmed cloned disappeared in puffs of smoke, I turned my head to see the blonde boy hanging in the air behind me, tongue lolling out of his wide open mouth, and his eyes bulging so that they were mostly white and seemed to bulge right out of his head. My foot was still in its strong position, digging right into the boys gut.