8) Family Dinner and The Stalking Game

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO ...so it's been a while... sorry. No, wait, that's not enough. May I express my deepest and sincerest apologies to anyone who has been waiting for this story to continue. I honestly have no idea where I'm going with this, so please forgive me and I'll try to be more frequent with my updates... :)

Kida's POV

Kakashi and I walked to the barbeque restaurant at a leisurely pace. Neither of us spoke on the way.

A few minutes into the walk, Guy realised that Kakashi wasn't running after him and ran back to walk with us. His booming voice as he tried to make conversation echoed through the mildly busy, night life street.

"So Kida! Has Kakashi told you about our rivalry!?"  Guy asked grinning down at me as we walked.

As far as I could tell, this 'rivalry' was very one sided... I don't think Kakashi has the motivation to commit to a rivalry full time...

"No, he hasn't mentioned it Unnnnncle Guy" I replied glancing up at him... oh how I wish I hadn't.  Guy was biting his lower lip and his eyes were glistening with unshed tears.

Guy stopped in his tracks and shielded his eyes with his hand as he began to shake slightly. Oh god, what is he doing?

Suddenly he leaped forward, I was too occupied thinking what was wrong with him, well... what was wrong with him at the moment... because there is clearly many things wrong with him...

I didn't jump away in time.  He pulled me into a bone crushing hug, pinning my arms to my sides,  before lifting me off the ground and spinning in circles.

"IT JUST SOUNDS SO RIGHT BEING CALLED UNCLE GUY!! THE AFFECTION IN THE TITLE CAUSES MY OWN POWER OF YOUTH TO BURST FORTH AND EMBRACE MY NEW DEAR NIECE!!" He yelled as he continued spinning.

Finally he set me down again, keeping his hand around shoulder. But we weren't in the street anymore, we were now standing on the edge of a cliff as he continued speaking.

"I VOW TO CONTINUE GETTING STRONGER SO THAT I MAY BE A WORTHY UNCLE AND SO I CAN MAKE SURE THAT NO HARM BEFALLS MY LITTLE ANGEL!!"

This whole time, all that was going through my head was 'Just endure it. Just endure it. Don't kill him. Just endure it.'

Finally the cliff disappeared and we stood in the street again. I looked around spotting Kakashi just before he knocks Guys hand of my shoulder and puts his own hand on my back to guide me away from the creeper in my traumatized state.

He didn't look back at guy as he said in a calm, but warning voice "Don't touch my daughter again. She doesn't like it."

An anime arrow pierced through Guys chest as Kakashi's words took affect and we continued walking away from him.

Regaining himself again, he quickly caught up with us grinning again as he spoke. "Well yes, your father and I have been rivals since we were kids..." Guy continued filling in conversation until we got to the barbeque restaurant... finally.

Kakashi and Guy stepped ahead of me through the restaurant doors. A tingling sensation brushed the back of my neck and a sudden feeling of uneasiness came over me as I was about to follow them into the restaurant. I looks back over my shoulder, there were many people walking past under the street lights and the inside lights of the buildings which were the only illumination left at this time of night. But my gaze looked past where the light ended and into the darkness that engulfed the roofs of the surrounding buildings. I thought I sensed something there, but I couldn't see anything.