27) I Am a Ninja

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO sorry for the late update, my next one will be super soon I just need an opinion or two. Question specified at the end of the chapter. Thanks for reading :)

Kida's POV
I heard a muffled speech that began stirring me from my slumber.
"Kida, y- need to -et up..."
What an annoying noise, I'm too comfy to focus on it, like sinking into a marshmallow.
"Kida, you need to -et up."
Ugh, who is that talking? Leave me alone
"Kida! Get up now!"

Kakashi's voice ricocheted through my head causing me to bolt upright on the soft fluffy bed. My hand instinctively went for the only optional weapon within reach, unfortunately... Without even fully registering what I was doing, I projectile tossed the green hard cover novel towards the tall looming figure standing by the bedroom door.

As my bleary eyes refocused to the bright assault of the open curtains I caught sight of an unamused Kakashi holding by book between his fingers just centimetres from his face. Damn it would have been a direct hit.

His eyes widened for a moment as he observed my treasured novella closely. I've gotten disapproving looks from adults before for reading this particular authors work in public... but I've seen Kakashi's collection so I highly doubt we'll have a problem.

Kakashi simply rolled his eyes and tossed the book on top of the dark green doona. "Beginner" I heard him mutter to himself as he leaned lazily against the wall beside the open door.

"You've been assigned to my team, I'm your Sensei now, and Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto are your team mates. You start taking missions with us from today." Kakashi informed me officially.

I just stared at him, dark eyes still dazed from sleep, silver hair messed up around my scalp, and my mask pulled down around my neck. It's too early for this bullshit.

"Yes Sir." I coughed to clear the husk in my voice. "What time do we start?"

"8am. We have half an hour... ish." Kakashi trailed off at the end, glancing to the pale grey carpeted floor and shrugging casually.

Hmmm ok then...
"...well, I guess I'll get ready then... half an hour...ish"

Kakashi left me alone then, probably to find something for breakfast... or go back to sleep like I wanted to do so badly right now. But I guess not. I shuffled out of the warm cotton sheets that covered my bed, bother the doona and pillow cases were a dark forest green, the cover reached the floor on both sides of the double bed that was the only furniture in the room. The grey carpet was soft and thick beneath my bare feet, obviously having been washed before being newly inhabited, and it complimented the pale blue of the walls. The whole room was basked in a bright light that streamed through the open curtains made of heavy indigo blue material that I'm sure would block the invading sun had they been closed.

Stretching my arms above my head, I heard something in my back crack, releasing the pressure that had been there and relaxing again as before reaching under the bed and retrieving my back pack, weapons pouch and katana, and splaying them out on my bed. I grabbed the ninja pants that I would trade for the shorts I had slept in and decided to keep the navy t-shirt, it still smells fine. I picked up some other amenities before heading to the bathroom to try and wake myself up and get ready.

I cleaned uo a bit and tamed my hair so it flowed silkily down my back, it has grown a bit longer since ive been here. The black ninja pants were a tad looser than before around my hips, suggesting that I had lost weight in the hospital, and the navy t-shirt was rumpled from sleep but still fit nicely, I'm surprised Kakashi could guess my size... actually, I'm surprised he would even go into a clothing store by himself to get girl clothing (I know these are girls clothing from the sizing and how the t-shirt hugs in at the waist). Oh well.

I pulled the mask of my undershirt up to cover my lower face and speedily wrapped my back up bandages around my forearms, ankles and lower calves, before retrieving my new ninja headband and fastening it around my forehead. Finally fastening my weapons pouch and katana to their rightful places on my thigh and hip, I slowly made my way out to the living area.

My second guess had been correct, Kakashi was laying on the couch, mask pulled down to his neck, hands behind his head and eyes closed as his green vested chest rose steadily with his sleep breathing.

I don't know how long I stared. Like the creep I am. But is still tripped me out. Here was this random guy who looked so similar to me, no one's ever looked like me. I dont remember much of my mother, but I know her black hair and bright green eyes were heavily contrasted to the white and black that made me look like somebody else's kid entirely. And now there's Kakashi, and people obviously stare between us, seeing for themselves the evidence of genetic inheritance. And now he's let me into his home, fed me, have me a bed... this isn't something that usually happens... Except for Ms Takashima. But too be fair, she may have just been bored and wanted to torment someone for a couple of years. I can understand that.

Just as I'm not sure how long I had been standing there looking at him, I'm also not sure just when he had opened his eyes and began staring back at me.

Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Ohmygod.

His black eyes stared into mine, they looked to be searching for something, I have no idea what for. But I'm internally freaking out. Ohhhhh this is so weird.

Suddenly he smiled and stood up while fixing his mask on his face. "I thought we'd go out for breakfast today." He spoke as he walked by me, ruffling my previously kept hair as he went.

I grumbled silently and glared as I hastily tried to flatten it down again. "Don't we have to meet the others soon...ish?"

"Yeah I guess... but can't be a ninja without a good proper breakfast." He shot me a masked grin over his shoulder as he made his way to the door. "I'm sure they won't mind if we're just a few minutes late."

Oh my god, what a bastard, he totally does this all the time. Those poor Genin...

"I guess I could eat" I grinned back at him before following through the door.

Authors note: Ok here's the question. Should I do a chapter on breakfast and maybe they meet up with someone (if so who?), or should I do a little '4 hours later' thing when they finally meet up with team 7? Also I realise Kakashi's usually late cause he's visiting his mate *tear*, but today let's just say he went early early in the morning so he could spend his designated 'late time' with Kida.