3) It's Nice to Meet You

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO 

Yep, that just happened, hope you enjoy this one :) There's another appearance of Mr >.<

Kida's POV

Izumo and Kotetzu led me into the building and up several stairs until we reached a set of wooden double doors. I was surprised that they let me bring my weapons in an official building where their village leader was, but hey, I'm not one to complain. They both stood in front of me as Izumo knocked on the door. Shortly after, an authorative but aged voice said "Come in"  from the other side of the doors.

Izumo and Kotetsu each pushed one side of the double doors open and stood to the side, leaving me standing in the middle of the doorway. An elderly man wearing white and red robes sat behind a large wooden desk in the centre of the room, the he removed the pipe he had been smoking from his lips as he looked up from his paper work and stared at me. Another man wearing a green vest, with his brown hair in a ponytail and a horizontal scar running over the bridge of his nose stood to the side of the desk. Both their eyes widened for a moment before going back to normal, the old man who I'm assuming is the Hokage stared in between Izumo and Kotetsu who stood on either side of the open doors keeping their faces blank and seemed to be trying not to look at each other in order to maintain their composure.

Izumo was the first to speak, which I'm glad someone did because the silence was getting uncomfortable. "This girl approached the front gate wanting to speak with you, Hokage sir". The Hokage eyed me warmly and smiled. Damn it. These old people and their kind faces, I can pretty much hear the gears turning in his head as he evaluates me. "Come forward child, what's your name and why have you asked an audience with me?" The Hokage asked in his soft, some what gravely voice.

I stepped further in to the room, I heard Izumo and Kotetsu close the doors behind me. I turned my head around, worried that they have left me alone with the 2 new people. But they were now leaning on the closed double doors with their arms crossed over their chests and slight smiles on their faces. I turned back to the Hokage and, keeping my face completely void of emotion, replied in an even tone which surprised me considering the anxiety that I was experiencing at this moment, "My name is Kida, and I have travelled to this village looking for living relatives". I stated it as though I was reading from a text book.

            "Do you have a sir name?"  The Hokage asked me smiling slightly. "No Hokage sir, I've always only been Kida". This was true, my mum raised me alone till she died when I was 5, I don't know anything of her family but I know they weren't in the picture for that part of my childhood that I remember. My statement seemed to shock and confuse the people in the room so I followed up with "I know that my father was a ninja of the Hidden Leaf Village 12 years ago, and since I don't look like my mother I'm assuming that I look like my father." This was also true, as I grew up, I noticed that none of the characteristics of my mother that I can remember were becoming evident in me. Not her black hair or her emerald green eyes that used to look at me so lovingly for that part of my life.

They all continued to stare at me and I considered removing my mask to see if they could better see if I looked like any ninja that they knew. As uncomfortable as I was doing it, I reached up to pull my mask down, the Hokage raised his hand and said in a slightly amused tone "No Kida, there's no need for that"  Thank God, my hand went back to rest at my side as the Hokage gestured for Iruka to go closer to him. He whispered it, but my keen ears still heard him "Iruka, can you find Kakashi and bring him back here"

With that, the man I now know as Iruka disappeared in a cloud of smoke, hardly any time passed when Iruka returned in a cloud of smoke on the side of the Hokage's desk that he had been standing, followed immediately by another cloud of smoke that appeared on the other side of the desk.