25) Report

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO Ok I know it's been a while, and I know it's kinda short, but hear me out... there are over 700 different sub species of gum trees, and I think that's interesting~ Anyway, please enjoy :)

Kida's POV
We finally escaped the dynamic duo by promising to meet with them again later. Kakashi and I were slowly walking back to the apartment, both lost in our own thoughts as we wandered lazily in the general direction of home, before Kakashi spoke up.

"By the way, you've got to report to the Hokage and tell him how you got those scrolls. I submitted my report about how we found you, but you need to tell him what actually happened." Kakashi spoke with a bothered tone towards the end, I could practically hear the frown on his face. He was obviously curious of what happened, I'm surprised he hasn't asked me himself...

"OK, when does he want to see me?" I replied unbothered by the 'request'.

"As soon as possible really, but I understand if you want to rest back at the apartment first..." Kakashi suggested.

"Na*, I'd rather get it out of the way, you can keep going though, I'll meet you back at the apartment when I'm done" I spoke as I began to turn around towards where I was almost positive the Hokage building was located.

Kakashi turned and frowned at me as I began my track back, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"Are you sure? I don't mind coming with you" I turned back to him to see his concerned... yet suspicious face...

...what the hell is he suspicious of*? ...Oh...

I reached my hand up to my new leaf headband and tapped the cool metal with my fore finger.

"Don't worry Kakashi, I got this, I'll meet you back at home" I spoke nonchalantly before turning my back to him and walking again. When I felt his eyes leave me, I turned my head slightly to confirm that Kakashi was continuing on his way aswell.

I nodded to myself, turning back to where I was heading. Now let's get this over with...

~Some time later~

I got lost. How did that even happen... I thought bitterly to myself as I dragged my feet up the staircase towards the Hokages office. It was so much harder navigating back.. I shouldn't have been looking around so much, then maybe I wouldn't have lost track of where I was. This place is literally next to a massive rock wall of faces... I ended up in some dingy back streets and had to scale the buildings to spot where I was... cities are difficult...

Finally I stood outside the big doors leading to the Hokage's office, sighing tiredly before knocking hard.

The Hokages now familiar gravely voice answered for me to enter.

He was seated behind his big oak desk staring stressfully over spread out sheets of paperwork. His gaze instantly relaxed though when he raised his head to look at me.

"Ah Kida, I've been waiting for your visit" he spoke while chuckling to himself.

"Kakashi said you wanted to hear what happened in the forest yesterday" I spoke confidently while still remaining reserved.

"Yes..." He spoke, his tone becoming serious. "Kakashi and Naruto rushed you back to the village after they found you, you had made it a fair way into the forest. But when we sent ninja back to investigate what you were doing the 'crumbled pile of violently demolished wood' as Naruto colourfully described it, was no longer in the clearing. The three scrolls you had with you are now back where they belong. I'm not sure how they came to be in your possession, I can only asume good intentions from you. But some members of the council have made some accusations... So the sooner we get your statement of the events, the quicker I can finish shutting them down."

"So Kida" He continued, taking a spare parchment and dunking his quill into the ink pot. "Please recount what happened after Naruto left you in the hospital room."

After filling the Hokage in on the puppet, scrolls, two shady characters, and the red scorpion symbol (which he seemed to take particular note off)... it was finally over...
Setting his quill to the side, he clasped his hands in front of him, seeming deep in thought.

"Thank you for your services Kida, you saw a problem and acted acted on it just as expected of any other ninja of this village."

I simply nodded in response, remaining serious.

"I will need time to ponder on this" He determined looking up at me again. "Thank you for your time. Now I'm sure Kakashi is expecting you soon, he's not usually one to worry, but recently..." He smiled gently at me as I nodded again and turned towards the door.

"And Kida" I stopped with my hand on the door, glancing over my shoulder to look at him again. "The headband really suits you" He added gently, nodding his head at me in approval.

I felt my mouth twitch into a smile as I continued through the door, muttering a quick thanks as I slipped through the small crack.

The door closed softly behind me as I sighed tiredly, before beginning the walk home again.