33) Never Trust a Bunny

Stop forgetting about this you Muppet.
That had been the only 6 words typed up for chapter 33 for a very long time. I have many hand written drafts, but none of them were working for me, therefore, none of them were good enough for you.
Notes:
. I am alive~
. I am continuing this story~
. There will be a cover change soon courtesy of one of my fabulous readers~
. Please keep in mind while reading that I have not written anything for a long time. But I am trying.
. Thank you guys for sticking around and showing support for the story, so much love on here, makes me so happy~
It's 11:56pm, and I don't want to let you guys down anymore~

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO OR THE ORIGINAL CONCEPT/STORYLINE

Chapter 33: Never Trust a Bunny~
Kida's POV

What's dead should stay dead, I internally seethed as our party continued on our journey with Kakashi fully intact.
I don't appreciate surprise tests. This is a permanent setting of mine ingrained in me from Ms Takashima, and surely solidified by Iruka.
What a bastard.

But as not to be to much of a pessimist on these events, some good did come out of it. We found out Tazuna is slightly more important than a paranoid old drunk like if assumed. And Naruto stabbed himself to the point of worrisome blood loss which portrays him to be a bigger idiot than we'd all presumed.
So all in all, go team.

"HYAH"

Narutos shout pulled me from my thoughts as he threw a kunai into some random bushes. The action set me in edge, but when he and Sakura began squabbling it quickly merged in to a headache...

Ice crept up my spine like creeping vines. The muscles between my shoulder blades tingling as though being plucked by a classical harpist.

Tall green foliage surrounds us, the air thick with coastal humidity, a crystal silence hangs heavy between the stoic forestry looming over us.

"THERE!"

Naruto attacked another bush, nearly slaughtering a pure cotton rabbit that had been resting innocently-

My mind clicked then. Like a gate swinging shut with a resonating metal clang.

I know that bunny.

Swift and silent from my position at the back of the group I had my katana out and ready. The black leather handle loose in my grasp, the blade steady at my side ready to move.

"Wait" I spoke calmly as sparks seemed to shoot up the back of my neck.

Kakashi didn't look at me. His eyes were on our surroundings.

The others seemed confused.
"Calm down, Kids. Naruto's just being an idiot." Sakura spoke nonchalantly, disregarding the foreboding blanket that came over us with the fog creeping around the edges of the trees.

"Benedict Cumberbunny"

"What?"

The ivory ball of fluff then bounded over to me... just as I had trained him...

"Duck."
"Get down!"
Kakashi and I spoke at the same time as a comically large blade swiped through the air above our heads as we all dodged or hit the grass to avoid decapitation.

"Well this is an interesting, and welcoming, turn of events. I hadn't been informed that the protection detail consisted of Kakashi Hatake, the Copy Cat Ninja of the Hidden Leaf."

Zabuza looked down on us from his perch. In all his cow hide leg warmer glory.

"Of course the kids are a bit of a disappointment, but as long as I get one decent opponent out of this job it's fine."

Keeping my face lowered, I got in to my position with the rest of the team around the client. By this point Benedict had climbed up my pants leg and was insistently nuzzling my weapons pouch looking for treats.

This isn't happening. I've died. That's it I'm dead. Because death is a more desirable situation than this one.

I had a hard time keeping up with the pre-fight banter, that obviously I would usually be pretty in to, as I tried to knock the rabbit off without drawing attention.

Get
Off
Before
I
Skin
You
And
Boil
You
You
Fluffy
Assed-

"Kida?"

No

"Kida Nanashi. How did you get out of that cave?"

I finally had to look up and clash a hopefully cavalier gaze against my previous aquantiences curious stare.

"Half a stick of celery,
knowledge of celestial influences over the environment,
and a joke that was in very poor taste."