17) Hospital

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO. Yer, so sorry bout the late update. I am currently living in a tent, kinda like Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket... So technology is kinda short lived cause of the lack of power point's. Ok, so there was a little bit of writers block involved as well.  Anyway, please enjoy :)

Kida's POV
"Kakashi, seriously, I'm fine." I complained again as I was forcibly carried over the roof tops of Konoha. My struggling had ceased, running out of energy to keep it up and not wanting to bump any of my sores.
"..."
"Oh, seriously? You gonna ignore me?" I stared up at him disbelieving.
"..."
"Right, I see how it is" I turned my head away and focused on the streets below blurring past as Kakashi leapt through the air.
"..."
My eyes flickered up to Kakashi's unrevelaing face that continued to focus forward as he continued to ignore me. "Fine, I can play the silence game too" I finished looking away again, a frown forming on my face.
"..."
"..."
"Kida, just tell me who hurt you" He finally broke as he jumped down onto the ground and approached a large building.
"I just tripped. That's all." I stated nonanchidly.
"Damn it Kida! I'm your father so don't lie to me!" Kakashi yelled as he forcefully kicked the double doors of the hospital open with enough force to make the walls shake.
"Oh no, let's not do that. Let's not try and assert parental authority after 12 years of complete ignorance." I snapped, causing Kakashi's step to noticeably falter, as we finally made it to the check in desk.
Nurses swarmed me like ants to a crumb as I was taken from Kakashi's arms and placed on a white sheeted stretcher. The jostling around awakened the pain spreading through my body that had been dormant making me realise how gently Kakashi had been carrying me.
The nurses spoke loudly to each other as they began assessing my condition right there in the hallway, a drip was brought over and not so delicately jabbed into my arm.
I felt a sense of anxiety as they prodded at my wounds and I could feel my calm concept of the situation ebbing away as a worried expression inched its way onto my face. Just then they made me lay down on the firm surface as they began wheeling me away.

From behind me I heard a nurse speaking authoritatively to Kakashi. "I'm sorry Sir, but I can't let you go with her. And you need to explain to me how that girl came to be in that kind of condition! Just what kind of training are they doing at that Ninja Academy!?"

I tilted my head on the stretcher as it turned a corner and managed to catch a glimpse of Kakashi and  the nurse who was making violent hand gestures as she scolded him and ranted about child safety. He stood there slouched miserably as he continued to look past her and stare sadly after me.

Kakashi's POV
When that nurse finally stopped yelling at me and got back to her own work, I started walking casually towards the wing they had been taking Kida to as not to be noticed by the staff.
(Ok, so I get that in Naruto the hospital security isn't that great and people can actually just walk in. But in the real world hospitals are hard facilities to just walk into, there are cameras and codes and doors with buttons and s>.<t.)

Why won't she tell me what happened? I should have been with her... She's right, I haven't been with her for most of her life... It's only been a day... I'm a failure of a father...

I was pulled from my spiralling thoughts when a door to one of the examination rooms opened. My head snapped to the side and I was slightly disappointed when it wasn't Kida who emerged.
Iruka stopped mid step in the door way as he looked away from the ground and met my now shocked and curious gaze.
What the hell happened to him?
He had bandages over his hands, arms, legs, torso and chest, and there were band-aids on his face and neck. As the shock on his face was replaced by worry, he stumbled slightly getting through the door with crutches under each of his arms.
As my own shock wore off, I quickly stepped forward to hold the door the rest of the way open for him.